Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

The storm has hit our property pretty bad here at Vlad Villas, but we will rebuild!
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Michael Rolls

the Dunkirk spirit is alive and well!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Mups

I got up early today to push the hoover round  because I had somebody coming at 8 a.m.  and someone else at 10 a.m to fix a problem with my computer,   so it was nearly  enough lunchtime before I got some  time to myself.

After a nice piece of Salmon & Brocolli quiche and a coffee,  I started fiddling about on my computer, catching up on a back-log of emails, then my banking,  and searching the net for info on a couple of things.
After that I had  to make some phone calls to sort a couple more things out.

Eventually I went outside to lift several tubs which had blown over in the winds today,  then pruned some roses, tried to fix a leaking hosepipe, fed and watered a load of plants,  and by then it was time to feed the dogs and think about starting  my tea.

Bet others are green with envy at my luxurious and fascinating life style.  I sometimes wonder at how I cope with all the excitement.    :rolleyes:     :grin:

GrannyMac

Can't sleep! Woke up far too early, OH just brought me a cup of tea, he's a star!  ⭐️ 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

'Aftnoon all.
Been pouring with rain here since the early hours, and still raining now.
Can't say I'm sorry,  lots of crops and plants were getting desperate.

Had a nice lie-in this morning - well until the dogs insisted I got up anyway, bless 'em.  I feel better for a good sleep though.

Nothing exciting planned,  so I suppose I will have to get on with some chores after lunch. 

Alex

We had a lovely day here, we went for a bit of a run out  :smiley:  only up the Wirral, Chatwins Savoury Roll for lunch  :grin: Costco for a cooked chicken and lastly into Aldi for food shop.

GrannyMac

I like Chatwins, been to the one in Alsager a few times.

Today, I'm planting some cyclamen in pots in the garden, they're past their summer best now. 

Raven

Morning, Sun at last and with the promise of more to come. :clap: Garden Work this afternoon and out for dinner tonight at Scrabster's Ferry Inn.
Got some rotten news yesterday, my best friend in Perth since our teens is in the early stages of lung cancer :cry: I'm not surprised as she's a heavy smoker, and always refuses to stop, but I feel really sad for her.
Enjoy your W/E folks.

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 25, 2024, 06:54:22 AMI like Chatwins, been to the one in Alsager a few times.

Try their Savoury Roll next time GM  :upvote:

klondike

Saw a post on Nextdoor that they have finally finished rebuilding the market square. Will take a walk into town and take a look. The photos on the post looked pretty dire. They put some pictures of the old vibrant market square I remembered too. I should have saved them. Will try to remember to do that when I get back.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on August 30, 2024, 03:14:20 PMTry their Savoury Roll next time GM  :upvote:
I'd love to. I'll get my daughter in law to take me to the one in Sandbach.  Alsager was near their previous home.  I like all the bits of Cheshire I've seen so far!

Silver Tabby

Going foraging!   Lots of Hawthorn and Rowan berries around here just ready to harvest, along with Rose hips and Elderberries, also Wild mushrooms beginning to show their heads now. One of my neighbours has some Shaggy Inkcap mushrooms on his lawn - will ask if I may harvest a few of them as well - delicious in a bacon sandwich!

Mustn't be out too long - expecting delivery of a parcel for the Cat.  Daren't miss that.

GrannyMac

Make sure the mushrooms aren't magic!

Charity shop this am, couple of hours.  Then a bit of garden tidying. It's that time.