Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 07, 2024, 09:39:56 AMMarshal law?  We're not at that stage, yet.

In any case, it'd be wiser to put the army along the south coast to pick up illegal immigrants and March them straight back to a ferry back to France.

Damn right.. using the army to stop people rioting about illegal immigrants.. but wouldn't dare put them on our shores to keep the problem away..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Why hasn't the Government ASKED those protesting and even rioting, what their grievances are  ? :rolleyes:

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on August 07, 2024, 12:23:52 PMWhy hasn't the Government ASKED those protesting and even rioting, what their grievances are  ? :rolleyes:
Because they know, but have absolutely no idea, yet alone any intention of doing anything about it.

Scrumpy

The protesters are diverting the problem that no government is brave enough to sort out..
So.. The government are now acting brave... blaming the protesters and warning them..
It takes the heat off them for a while..

If the country went to the polls now.. Labour would fail ..

Silver Tabby

Hello everyone - going to be a good day for me. Some friends from Reading are here - and we are off to Pickering. There is a brilliant second hand bookshop there, just opposite the North Yorks Moors Railway station, the owner pays excellent prices for paperbacks in good condition - so we have both had a clear out and are taking a lot of books to him. Coffee and sticky buns on the proceeds!

After which - we are off to Beadlam Grange for lunch and a raid on their Deli counter - sadly, not as large or as good as it used to be, but I am certain we will find something interesting.

https://www.beadlamgrange.co.uk/

klondike

Have a good day. I have the joys of Lidl before me myself.

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 08, 2024, 07:36:34 AMHave a good day. I have the joys of Lidl before me myself.
Shouldn't that post be in the Living in the Edge thread.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

Today, after karchering out an old fridge I hope to give away as a freebie to anyone who wants to collect it, I shall be taking Mrs Dex for a couple of days break to an AirBnB in Rhoscolyn, Anglesey.  It'll be the first time in over a year that she has been away, since she's never managed to build up the courage to let her aging and ailing mother cope by herself.  

She deffo needs the break.

Scrumpy

Enjoy your break Dextrous.. 
We go through life being tied down by kids.. animals and aged parents..
 I feel for your wife and mother-in-law.. 

Alex

Trip to Costco....... sure I've written that somewhere else today. 

Ruthio

You have, its in the Boring thread!! 🤣🤣🤣

Alex

dextrous63

Am trying to build up the will to start making ginger bug (which will be used to make ginger beer in a few days).

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 11, 2024, 03:57:19 PMAm trying to build up the will to start making ginger bug (which will be used to make ginger beer in a few days).

I remember my Mum and my Nan having ginger beer 'plants'  when I was a kid.

They were in big Kilner jars from what I remember,  and I used to watch all the gunge bubbling and exploding.  
Occasionally it would even blow the air lock out of the jar.

dextrous63

My understanding is that one gets a fermenting liquid going, and feed it for a few days.  Then use it to create other ales/beers/sodas.  This experiment time chez here!

Also going to make a batch of cream of chicken soup to eat and freeze.  Hope to regrow shop bought celery and spring onions in glasses of water too.

I don't know how I manage to maintain this madhock lifestyle.  

Have also ordered some timber to make a base for another water spiral thingy.