Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

Hello everyone  - I am doing a happy dance - it is cooler and it is raining!

Going for shopping and lunch with a friend later, other than that nothing planned.

Mups

Good morning everyone.

It was a dreadful night,  the heat was almost unbearable.   It looks like we had a splash of rain overnight, but that was about all, and now the sun is heating up again.

Just sitting here with a cuppa, waiting for my Ocado delivery to come,  then got some paperwork to bring up to date.    If I have not roasted or melted by then,  I want to get the grass cut as I didn't do it last weekend.

I've also got loads of cuttings I want to take, but its been too hot for the plants so far.

Right,  I've finished me moan now.  Have a good day all.  :smiley:

GrannyMac

On the train South. Hopefully the connection at Edinburgh will be straightforward  🤞 Home for tea.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Silver Tabby

Had to go into town today.  Not a pleasant experience.  Hot, sticky, and full of tourists.  Some very polite - Japanese, German, Dutch.  Some extremely rude - French, Spanish, and American.
The city centre is a disgrace - pavements cracked and unsafe, litter everywhere, tired and bored children being dragged, whinging, around shops that have no interest for them.  Worse, children unrinating in the street.  I think that is disgusting - but - considering the single remaining public lavatory charges 40p for the privilege of 'spending a penny' - I can understand how/why it happens.  Just wish they would use a street drain rather than the wall of a shop.

klondike

Just read we are scheduled for a bit of rioting today.  Not planning on attending. If they sweep up the centre after it might even be an improvement.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: klondike on August 07, 2024, 08:03:36 AMJust read we are scheduled for a bit of rioting today.  Not planning on attending. If they sweep up the centre after it might even be an improvement.

If the time and place are nown - why cannot it be stopped - or am I being naive ?

dextrous63

Quote from: Silver Tabby on August 07, 2024, 09:23:37 AMIf the time and place are nown - why cannot it be stopped - or am I being naive ?
They can't police every road simultaneously.  

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 07, 2024, 08:03:36 AMJust read we are scheduled for a bit of rioting today.  Not planning on attending. If they sweep up the centre after it might even be an improvement.

It just said on the morning news that there are 30 more riots across the country planned for today.
Stay safe everyone.

August 07, 2024, 09:37:51 AM
Quote from: dextrous63 on August 07, 2024, 09:35:53 AMThey can't police every road simultaneously. 

Why hasn't anyone got the Army in to help?

dextrous63

Marshal law?  We're not at that stage, yet.

In any case, it'd be wiser to put the army along the south coast to pick up illegal immigrants and March them straight back to a ferry back to France.

Mups

Well the Police don't seem able to cope very well,  so who else is there to ask?

dextrous63

It might help if the government and media stopped using inflammatory language and instead started to focus on the underlying issues....

And still they come

Mups

Good morning all.

It looks like its going to pour down shortly, the sky is black as thunder.

Nothing planned,  just the usual chores.   Struggling to contain my excitement.  :grin:

dextrous63

My daughter has told me that there is alleged rioting to take place later today in Chorlton, which is where I live!!

GrannyMac

And in Sheffield, near the town hall and the Home Office buildings.  I'm off to the local pool shortly, wouldn't risk town today.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ruthio

Businesses library etc closing early as demonstrations and counter protests(anti racism) due later this evening in my city