Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Delivery today. Time given 0800 - 1800. Very useful. Luckily I know that this company arrived here about 9:30 the last couple of times so I may be able to get a walk in before the heat starts up in earnest.

dextrous63

So, and don't you just hate it when people start talking with the word "so"?

So, this morning, having decided yesterday to remove some mouldy silicon from the shower in the soon-to-be-occupied rental flat I own, and having done so last night and given it several hours to dry out, I have to return to the scene of my hacking and put new silicon in place.

While there, I shall also carry out some other minor snagging things (such as dismantling the oven door to remove the streak of cleaning stuff that my previous tenants managed to leave between the panes of glass), and run a vacuum over the place.  Later today, I shall go and clean the aforementioned shower once the silicon has partially set, and replace the kitchen bulbs with led equivalents.

Not much else on the cards today, other than to set up my new PC, having had to order a hdmi-vga cable as I'm too tight fisted to buy a new monitor😬

Have a good one, each and all of you.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Not too sure yet, but been to the pool and don't want to waste the rest of a decent day. So we'll be off out someplace with David.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Mups on July 27, 2024, 12:41:46 PMI decided that I needed a new mattress,  so looked in 'Dreams'  while they still had their sale on.
Anyway, I found one I liked and they are supposed to be delivering it any time now - they said around 12.30.

Problem was, they gave me a huge plastic bag and told me my old mattress had to go in this bag-  not easy to do with a double mattress and no one to help. :rolleyes:

Anyway,  after fighting it and blaspheming somewhat,  I finally managed.   I was going to try and drag the darn thing outside for them,  but found that impossible,  so it's still on the bed, but in the bag at least.

£50 it cost me to have them take the old one away.  I thought that was a lot,  but I have no way of getting it over the tip myself, and he said some tips are refusing them now anyway.
I could have got the council to collect,  but apparently if the mattress has been rained on, they won't take it!!    Would they expect me to stand outside with a couple of brolleys then?  :rolleyes:
Dear oh dear  . . .  so I decided to pay the £50 quid and be done with in the end.

Lets hope I sleep well on the new one tonight.
I bought a mattress from Dreams and, for a bit extra, they took the old one away
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Mups

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 30, 2024, 12:28:27 PMI bought a mattress from Dreams and, for a bit extra, they took the old one away

Yes, they did that for me too, Michael  -  but it cost me an extra £50.  :rolleyes:

The young delivery driver said it wasn't true what the salesman had told me about the council refusing to take them away if they had been rained on. 
He also told me most tips DO take them.

He finished up by asking me if I had ever met an honest Salesman! 

Scrumpy

Our tip take mattresses.. and so do our local council..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

The council took my last mattress, it wouldn't fit in the boot  :boo:

Mups

Ah well,  it seems like the driver was right then,  and the salesman in the shop was a lying git.
We live and learn, ey.

Luv the mattress by the way.  So at least that's one good thing.

I'm off to beddy-byes now,  so goodnight all.     
Hope you manage to sleep in this heat.   

Silver Tabby

Far too hot here for me already.  Going to spend the day finishing off the whole lot of nothing I was doing yesterday.

Might have to watch 'The Snows of Kilimanjaro', or 'The last place on Earth' (antarctica), or 'Ice Station Zebra' !!

Alex

Hot here today so I'll be taking a trip to Iceland where I can loiter by the fridges.   :grin:

Raven

I miss Iceland, we don't have a Freezer Store here. :boo:

Trying to get through on the phone to the Ferry Office, want to book the car on for tomorrows early sailing over the Firth.

Raven

Off over to Orkney early tomorrow, back Friday night.

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on July 31, 2024, 10:42:39 AMHot here today so I'll be taking a trip to Iceland where I can loiter by the fridges.  :grin:
My daughter works in M&S food, and even now wears thermals for work as it's so cold in there.

GrannyMac

My last day in Scotland and its been lovely. Went on an open top bus this afternoon, round the city of my birth.  Lots of changes in Dundee but the location is still stunning! 

The weather has been kind too 🌞 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖