Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Boat is bit cleaner now. Had a jet wash.

dextrous63

Nice fish Klondy.  I assume you jet washed your hair after you mopped the boat down?

klondike

dextrous63

Joking apart, that was one hell of a fish.  I find it amazing that such large fish inhabit our waterways nowadays, given the increase in sewage.

klondike

Just shy of 30lb. It was caught in a marina on the Nene. Such fish and bigger still are not uncommon in fishery lakes stocked with them and regularly fed pellets. The Nene has been in flood quite a lot just before the season opened that day and I suspect it could have come from a fishery lake then taken refuge in the marina. We took quite a few decent bream too. I wasn't expecting carp and was lucky to land it - just legering worm from a float road with 6lb line and it took quite a while.

Last year apart from pike which can run to 20lb there most fish were pretty modest river fare. Absolutely teaming with small roach and very few dead fish spotted so despite the occasional suspicious brown tinge to the water it must be failry healthy. First carp of any size in the few years I've been fishing there from my son's boat.

Mups

Nothing much planned for today,  just more gardening and the usual chores -   oh,  and I am going  Vlad-hunting too,  see if I can find our old friend who seems to have gone AWOL. :hmm: