Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Alex did you ever fix the plug on your washbasin?

Alex

I bought a plunger from Screwfix and keep it by the sink, it's a nice blue one  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 31, 2024, 05:34:44 PMI bought a plunger from Screwfix and keep it by the sink, it's a nice blue one  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
I hope you enjoy your new plunger, Alex.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Thank you JB, I have matching towels too.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 31, 2024, 09:37:30 PMThank you JB, I have matching towels too.
Lovely.  Just a word of advice, though: do be careful where you shove that plunger.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on May 31, 2024, 09:47:50 PMLovely.  Just a word of advice, though: do be careful where you shove that plunger.
Not really sure how useful her new plunger will be to unblock the loo.

Raven

Morning, It's another nice day here, Himself says if it's still nice after lunch we'll drive along the coast a bit and take the Clydes into the hills for a couple of hours, then he says it's time we went out for dinner again like we used to most Saturdays.
He's trying to ease me back into our normal life, but I'm still finding it so hard without The Hairy One.
Enjoy your Weekend folks.

Silver Tabby

I seem to have been out and about a lot this week - so am planning a quiet day in today. Had a delivery yestermorn of some sterling silver, and some fantastically beautiful Indian Agate beads in shades of green, bronze, and sunshine yellow. Going to work on some designs for Christmas gifts for friends. Nemo will be pleased, it means he will have the whole sofa to himself.

Meanwhile - tea and toast is needed - brain food!

I hope you all have a lovely day.

klondike

Fishing today. My best carp 29lbs.

Going again tomorrow. Want to catch this fellows mum or dad.

Alex

Did you throw it back ?  Poor thing, bet his Mum and Dad were looking for him   :1040:

klondike

Oh he went back all right. Be even bigger next year.

Alex

How long can they stay alive for out of water ? 
I once accidentally killed a goldfish, it was about 30 odd years ago, never forgotten it.   :cry:

klondike

You try to get them back in quickly and I've never known one to have any real problem. A big fish like that you lower back in very carefully and support it until it swims off of its own accord. From a river or lake bank you'd do that by hand or the landing net but on boat moorings you need to lower them in with the net you used to land them as just dropping one in could probably harm it a little. That fish never left the net by more than the few inches it was lifted for the photo. You can see I caught the net with my dupuytrens finger when I got my hands under it to lift it for the photo.

Fish are very resilient anyway. That one had a scar the other side which looked like an optimistic heron had tried to spear it up with it's beak.

Scrumpy

Well done Klondike.. Great photo.. love the hair..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..