Rishi Sunak Resigns

Started by hugh, July 05, 2022, 06:33:05 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

Is this the end of Boris certainly be very interesting to see the out come.
Happy Golfer

Sheila

Javid too.  Does anyone think Boris will resign?  I doubt it.

Jacqueline

Good riddance if that's the way they feel.  Sunak hasn't done much to help the cost of living crisis other than for folks on benefits.  The NHS isn't doing too well either that's Javid's department.  Still don't see anyone better than Boris for the PM.

Alex

Who will be next ? those who want to be PM I'd guess.

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on July 05, 2022, 07:00:08 PMGood riddance if that's the way they feel.  Sunak hasn't done much to help the cost of living crisis other than for folks on benefits.  The NHS isn't doing too well either that's Javid's department.  Still don't see anyone better than Boris for the PM.

That's why they've resigned.

They both know what difficult times these are & they both know that they can't please everyone so they're baling out in order to protect their own standings.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

hugh

I agree with you Diasi Javid got wind of Rishi resigning and got in first. Just hope Boris has good replacements for the pair of them who were not doing a good job. I do not think Boris going any where soon so I hope Rishi enjoys himself on the back bench because Boris not packing his bags.
Happy Golfer

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

hugh

I believe Boris had a replacement ready and waiting to replace Rishi. Order of the day will be to cut taxes and sort out the cost of living. Boris really is a fighter and will remain  He is safe for 6 month I believe  
Happy Golfer

klondike

Maybe.
https://order-order.com/2022/07/05/all-smiles-at-the-cabinet-table/
Or maybe not.

Bookies have him odds on to go this year.
Betfair Exchange has Mr Johnson at 20/21 to leave office in 2022. For those who think he'll be off next year, the odds are currently 7/2. You can get 5/2 if you think he will last to 2024 or later.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-now-odds-quit-24407440

I personally wouldn't bet on him lasting this month.

Cassandra

The sooner he's gone the better. He'll try and hang on somehow for the summer recess of parliament. If he's got rid of this week, the break can be used for the next 'leadership election' within the party. A replacement would then be making their first appearance at the annual Conference in October. Then having a decent chance to wipe clean the stain of his/hers predecessor's malfeasance from the Red Wall etc; and recover some trust from the next two years, before the general election.

Shamefully the combination of this frightful man's ego and wife's ideological domination, compel him to occupy office. Even as the sound of the carpenter's hammered nails, building his gallows resonate everywhere.

For the Nation, its like eagerly waiting for the result of the successful flush that finally banishes the persistent floater to the one way underworld beyond the U bend ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on July 06, 2022, 12:38:35 PMits like eagerly waiting for the result of the successful flush that finally banishes the persistent floater

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Alex

A double whammy, what a surprise !  One comedian is now in the mire for saying " Balancing out the fact that I can't stand Javid or Sunak with the fact that I love to see a rich white man brought down by asians " fortunately said comedian is himself Asian.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 06, 2022, 03:41:15 PMA double whammy, what a surprise !  One comedian is now in the mire for saying " Balancing out the fact that I can't stand Javid or Sunak with the fact that I love to see a rich white man brought down by asians " fortunately said comedian is himself Asian.

Oh well it doesn't count that way round, Ho,Ho,Ho very funny joke etc.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Floater Johnson.

The comment means nowt but rereading Cass's appraisal when this thread got updated made me smile again. I wonder if they'll need a stick to get the job done.

Scrumpy

Cassandra .. You have a lovely way with words..

I don't feel anything for Boris anymore.. He is becoming a bore.. He is pushing the top job into the hands of the Opposition.. God forbid we end up with a Labour government.. Especially with Tony Blair sniffing around..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..