Police stations

Started by Alex, July 04, 2022, 04:01:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Is this happening in your city or town  ? Cheshire Police has confirmed it will be moving ahead with its plans to axe manned helpdesks from 11 police stations.  The 11 manned helpdesks that will be lost are: Chester Town Centre, Congleton, Ellesmere Port, Knutsford, Nantwich, Penketh, Runcorn, Stockton Heath, Winsford, Northwich and Wilmslow.

People in these areas requiring a face-to-face service will be redirected to one of the five remaining helpdesks in the county
: Blacon Chester, Crewe, Macclesfield, Warrington and Widnes. Their opening hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday to Saturday.

Anyone else been affected ?

klondike

I wasn't aware that we had any. All you do here is dial 101 and hang up when you get bored waiting.

Scrumpy

I have just checked on google.. We still have a main police station in Reigate..
I haven't seen a 👮 on foot for years.. We used to have a friendly one that would stroll around chatting to people.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I can't remember going into a police station since I left Scotland, and that was only to hand in something I'd found. Our local one has been closed for years. Hundreds have gone since 2010.

Phones, emails and social media have taken over.  Not so good at catching criminals. I see loads of police here, on foot, on horseback, in vehicles. But only when Wednesday are playing.  :boo: 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Thank goodness the 'ungodly' are now only practising their trade in line with Trade Union working hours, we should be grateful for small mercies!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Jacqueline

There is a Police Station in Newcastle Emlyn bit like Fort Knox to look at.  In 16 years  I have NEVER seen a policeman/woman enter nor leave, is there anyone there???? 

Cassandra

No, their all working from home, just like the Crims, who want to work from yours!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

yes, a new meaning to 'working from home'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Ours closed years ago.Only ever see a glimpse of a police car one in a while.

Jacqueline

Not only Police Stations. police are working from their cars. When we lived in north Devon in a seaside village, the police patrol car would ride round the one way system and out the other end, never stopped.  We, from our window could see the vandals jumping up and down on the shelters and wrecking them, the police  car  passed very close, if they had just stopped the car for a moment or even looked to the left they could have gone and had a word and stopped them.

We were on the route home from the pub that Tony Blair very kindly extended the opening hours for allowing drunks out in the early hours.  Our next door neighbour only had on road parking, his car regularly got jumped on, mirror damaged etc.  He reported the situation to the police many times, nothing happened.  One weekend in anticipation, he phoned the police and told them he would be outside at closing time and deal with the situation himself.  Funny that the police actually turned up that weekend, probably more to protect the yobs than our neighbours car though.