hung parliament good/bad

Started by alfred, June 14, 2022, 07:59:22 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

With all the exchanges in parliament could or would we be better off with a hung parliament where by all parties could work for the country instead of the party  as it is it seems the politicians are more concerned with any thing that isn't connected to the running of the country  but more concerned about stabbing each other in the back simply to get themselves into the publics vision,

Q; do you think our politicians are doing any worth while work in really looking after the country rather than scoring brownie points 
as usual your thoughts will make interesting reading,.

klondike

Quote from: alfred on June 14, 2022, 07:59:22 AMWith all the exchanges in parliament could or would we be better off with a hung parliament where by all parties could work for the country instead of the party
What a charming if naive thought

Quote from: alfred on June 14, 2022, 07:59:22 AMdo you think our politicians are doing any worth while work in really looking after the country rather than scoring brownie points
Anybody got a postage stamp so I can construct my list?

It's good to moan.

Jacqueline

Good thing - hang them all I say from Traitor's Gate :clap:

1955vintage

The last hung parliament saw Nick Clegg in a position of power.............never again.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Likely to be a Scottish Nationalist next time.

It's good to moan.

Raven

The SNP are already sharing with the Greens up here in Hollyrood. :rolleyes: Surely the last thing they are interested in is running in Westminster. :hmm:

Cassandra

Either way Majority/Hung nothing ever changes. The real power is with the elites of Davos and Bilderberg. They truly run things in the shadows and federal govt's are just spoons used to stir their mix.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

As seen on a wall in Cambridge - 'if voting changed anything, they would abolish it'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Raven on June 14, 2022, 01:56:23 PMThe SNP are already sharing with the Greens up here in Hollyrood. :rolleyes: Surely the last thing they are interested in is running in Westminster. :hmm:
There are currently 48 SNP MPs in Westminster.

It's good to moan.

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on June 14, 2022, 02:17:39 PMEither way Majority/Hung nothing ever changes. The real power is with the elites of Davos and Bilderber. They truly run things in the shadows and federal govt's are just spoons used to stir their mix.

Exactly.  :upvote:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

Quote from: klondike on June 14, 2022, 05:58:26 PMThere are currently 48 SNP MPs in Westminster.

Mmmmm I know, but I meant that I don't believe they are interested in being involved in running Westminster. They are wanting to leave there and run an independent Scotland.

klondike

And one way to get another referendum assuming the Tories won't grant one is by making it a condition of joining a coalition government with Labour after next election.

It's good to moan.

Raven

Hmmmm maybe. I'm not getting involved with it this time, just sit on the sidelines and let it all wash over me.  :smug:

klondike

I suspect you will be pleased at the outcome of the next general election. Unless either you or the electorate have a change of heart. I see it now as inevitable that the 80 majority cannot be maintained and probably no majority at all. 

It's good to moan.

Raven

To be perfectly honest Klondike I really, really HATE Politics, they bore me rigid. I only got interested last time because of the Indy vote.
But not this time. Whatever happens, I am keeping out of it. I will not be voting either as a no vote means a vote for Westminster, and a yes vote means a vote for the EU, I want neither. This will be the first time ever I have not voted when I should, I don't believe in that at all, but I feel I have no choice this time.