Heating Oil

Started by Jacqueline, June 01, 2022, 01:33:24 PM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

I last bought heating oil in January, 1000 ltrs @ 60.60 per litre = £660.00 .  The most expensive I had ever paid in 16 years.

I have been told to top up now as the price will rocket even more by winter.  I have now been quoted for 1000 litres 92.10 per ltr total with the VAT (the government are making a killing on this) of £56.07  £977.03.  the £300 extra winter fuel allowance will not even cover this, never mind the electric and food increases.  I can dip into my dwindling savings to pay, but I know people who can't, I expect I will be helping my kids again this winter.

This is getting really serious and now they are talking about power cuts, less resources and more people coming into this country, what are the idiots at Westminster thinking, I don't think they have any idea how to solve this situation, this bit of money is just damage limitation so they don't get civil unrest, which I think is coming anyway.

All those in hotel rooms or Linton on Ouse centre will not be paying for their heating and increasing food prices we the taxpayers will, but the pensioners and young families (who pay for these scumbags) will be tearing their hair out wondering how they are going to find the extra money, it is really not right.

When these people are granted asylum they should be presented with the bill for their keep all the time they were being paid for by us and it should be taken in instalments from any wages they get.  They may then realise Britain isn't a free and easy ride.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

It's a good idea to charge but I suspect that there will be something in that damned charter that says we can't.

One way to cut a lot of the costs would be for those who process the claims to get their fingers out and get on with the job and  for those handling the deportation on failures to do the same. I'm guessing that a lot of the problem is the lack of papers. Well we know where they came from to us so declare them French and dump them back there.

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on June 01, 2022, 01:55:46 PMIt's a good idea to charge but I suspect that there will be something in that damned charter that says we can't.

One way to cut a lot of the costs would be for those who process the claims to get their fingers out and get on with the job and  for those handling the deportation on failures to do the same. I'm guessing that a lot of the problem is the lack of papers. Well we know where they came from to us so declare them French and dump them back there.
I (and many other pensioners no doubt with a bit of time to spare) would volunteer for free to process asylum claims, could process hundreds in a day, big rubber stamp on their paperwork "NO ASYLUM DEPORT IMMEDIATLY"

Then do a D Day landings on the French with blooming great landing craft and dump them back on the beaches from where they came.  

klondike

Raven

Quote from: klondike on June 01, 2022, 01:55:46 PMIt's a good idea to charge but I suspect that there will be something in that damned charter that says we can't.

:check:  :check:  :check:

Raven

Quote from: Jacqueline on June 01, 2022, 02:03:45 PMI (and many other pensioners no doubt with a bit of time to spare) would volunteer for free to process asylum claims, could process hundreds in a day, big rubber stamp on their paperwork "NO ASYLUM DEPORT IMMEDIATLY"

Then do a D Day landings on the French with blooming great landing craft and dump them back on the beaches from where they came. 

:check:  :check:  :check:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

or set Dr Who's Dialecs loose...exterminate