What annoys you

Started by Mups, September 23, 2026, 10:42:33 AM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

It's a weird thing that.  These councils haven't been given a  mandated right to do as they please, and yet they do.  Their members didn't produce any manifestos and ask for a vote to determine whether anyone wants them to do these things.

Just who the hell do they think they are?

Scrumpy


People who say 'I know how you feel'... when clearly they do not..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Me too - I know just how you feel about that  :rolleyes:

Raven

Today nothing.....So far. But it's early enough yet. :busted:

muddy

People who say " to be fair " 

When you know darn well they are going to say something not fair .

Alex

Dentists, everything about them !

Mups

Quote from: Alex on October 06, 2026, 02:59:06 PMDentists, everything about them !
Money grabbing buggers,  the lot of 'em.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

And Treasure Ship Divers

Scrumpy

And them wot live in big houses..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

And them who decide all the fuel prices!  

klondike

Just set up the financial apps on my phone, What a PITA. I suppose they have to be to guard against fraud but it took ages. Two wanted the old device so if it was busted or had been lost I don't know how that would be handled. The other wanted an ancient pass number that it had sent when I first had online banking. I was able to dig out an old card reader that can give numbers by putting the card in and entering the PIN. I think I've remembered the old number but didn't test that out. I maybe will later if I'm feeling too pleased about something.


Mups

#117
Another thing that annoys me is everything we are expected to do online now.

My car insurance renewal is due soon,  so I fiddled about for over 3 hours this afternoon  going through quote after quote  on one of those comparison websites.

When I finally found one I thought would be ok,  there was just a couple of things I wanted to clarify,  but it would probably have been easier to break into the tower of London than actually speak to someone at the prospective insurance company.    Nothing but those 'Quick Chat'   things where you have to write it down and wait for their reply from one of those robot things. 
It eventually answered but just said 'Could I rephrase my question'!  :rolleyes:
So I wrote it out again.
Still nothing.  Eventually it said they would put me through to a person.   Yay . .  at last.
Only thing is,  'the person'  just let it ring, and ring, and ring . . .
And in the end yet another recorded voice comes on saying would I like a ring back  . . . .    and so it went on.

I decided to tell them to stuff it,  and tried a different company.   After about 30 mins of trying,  I still never got to actually speak to a human being there, either.     Anger smiley 32

All I wanted to know was could they send my documents through the post,  as I didn't want to only be able to access them on a computer.    Is it too much to ask for a proper letter and booklet nowadays??