TV stuff

Started by zoony, January 04, 2022, 01:48:33 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I  may take a break and give that a look. I didn't think there were any secrets left tbh. I recall a docudrama that covered a lot of it - I don't thnk that was the name though.

klondike

Quote from: Countryman on January 06, 2022, 06:14:36 PM
Secrets of the Salisbury Poisonings is on Prime Video at the moment. On my watchlist to see asap.
Temporarily foiled. It's available through Prime but wants a Discovery sub.
In pretty sure that the one named just Salisbury Poisinings available in Zoony's Video Emporium is the dodu drama I've already seen. Will have to check the stock situation a little later.

Michael Rolls

About to watch the highlights of day 2 of the fourth Test
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Most disorienting..I'm watching a new Midsomer Murders and Inspector Lewis just turned up..But it's Kevin Whately just playing a regular part.. Disconcerting to say the least!
Apropos of nowt, I was wondering how they might give Sgt Hathaway his own 'Inspector' series, as is their wont, and it occurred to me that it might be a cunning plan to have him relocate to Cambridge for his promotion?.. What think ye?

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2022, 09:22:23 PM
Most disorienting..I'm watching a new Midsomer Murders and Inspector Lewis just turned up..But it's Kevin Whately just playing a regular part.. Disconcerting to say the least!
Apropos of nowt, I was wondering how they might give Sgt Hathaway his own 'Inspector' series, as is their wont, and it occurred to me that it might be a cunning plan to have him relocate to Cambridge for his promotion?.. What think ye?

Never he's far to unwoke for ITV and Cambridge Wokegrad never. I reckon Lawrence Fox is finished on British TV the'll cancel him now!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I think you will find that Sgt Hathaway (Laurence Fox) has been cancelled by the wokistas in the TV and Movie business (ie just about all of them) You'll only see him on repeats and they are likely to be pulled to satisfy the baying mob.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8947075/Laurence-Fox-DROPPED-acting-agent-phone-call.html

Plus plenty more.

*** SNAP ***  :grin:

zoony

Well, I like his acting and the character he portrays while having no time for the woke bollocks being used to beat people with these days so I guess I lose. It's like the blasted McCarthy era!!

Cassandra

I thought I'd heard right when he was interviewed over here about a new part he was going to accept because everyone else in the Woke had blanked him.

Playing Sleepy Joe's son - the great winner 'Hunter' no less!

Amazingly this was in the wretched Guardian the Woke's 'go to' Yellow Pages on who to hate, when and where :ugh:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

:grin:  Aye.. And this too shall pass..

klondike

Seems to be getting worse to me rather than better.

Jacqueline

I liked Laurance Fox in Lewis and hoped there would be a spin off for Inspector Hathaway, but looks like there is no chance.  I don't see what poor Laurence did that was so wrong.

Zoony is right, we will be having McCarthy type panels soon to see who is Woke enough and worthy before any job is given to anyone at all.  You must think the correct way and if they find just one word out of place recorded anywhere you may as well shoot yourself, as your working  life will be over.

zoony

:grin: You're not a million miles from right Jaqc.. It is SO tiresome! Every time you turn on a new drama there's a mixed couple in the middle of it, lesbian or straight, for no reason but to try and 'normalize' a forced stereotype?..

Jacqueline

I have Sky TV as we can't get much on Freeview here, I don't watch enough films to pay extra to get Sky Movies its another £11 a month.  But I did want Netflix so I can watch the Crown but that was another £5 a month.  Anyway, went onto Sky to see about Broadband deals and found I can get Netflix for free!!!!!! (well nothing is free, I pay a packet anyway).

Last night watched three episodes of Series 3 of the Crown (bought 1 & 2 on DVD off ebay) will keep us going for a while.

Countryman

Quote from: klondike on January 06, 2022, 07:40:59 PM
Temporarily foiled. It's available through Prime but wants a Discovery sub.
In pretty sure that the one named just Salisbury Poisinings available in Zoony's Video Emporium is the dodu drama I've already seen. Will have to check the stock situation a little later.

That was my mistake (I thought it was on Prime). We watched it last night, on Discovery+ . This comes with our Sky subs offer at no extra cost - as does Netflix. A most interesting programme.

klondike

Not to worry. I don't doubt that it will soon be stocked by Zoony's  :grin: