The flags are out..

Started by Scrumpy, May 27, 2022, 02:48:57 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

So much has changed or gone from Britain since 1952, but her Maj is still here, God bless her.
Nobody does it like us Brits  !

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on June 02, 2022, 06:08:53 PMI just wanted to see the horse parade, especially Ed and Abby the wonderful Drum Clydesdales.
That was some fly past too, lovely to see the old Lancaster, such a special plane with an undeniable engine sound.
Those Clydesdales are lovely, aren't they?' Always love the BBMF and the sound of those Merlins!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

No other does it better than we Brits..  It was wonderful to see the faces in their thousands walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace.. The Union Jacks flying and being waved..
The balcony appearance of the Queen was a sight for sore eyes..
 The lighting of the beacons being started by the Queen.. The tree that  was  lit up was stunning..

AND IT DIDN'T RAIN...  :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :clap:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

I've worked that when I went to the Trooping, as I mentioned in another thread, it was 1961, 2nd Battalion, the Scots Guards
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

crabbyob

i believe it is illegal to fly a foreign flag, and that council should feel the full weight of the law... when i was a lad to fly the Scottish flag above the union jack [ :gb:] was a hanging offence

Scrumpy

We have an American flag and Italian flag nearby.. 
I don't know the rules concerning  Municipal buildings..

crabbyob

for the next celebration i will send a flag to Alex and Scrumpy.... then you can lead the way in your street.

Scrumpy

We had a street party here..  Union Jacks all over the place.. 
People shared plates of food.. and dressed up in all different fashions from over the years..
We had music of all sorts and a great guitarist/singer.. As the evening wore on others, who were up for it, took to the mike..
 The road wasn't officially closed but the few motorist who wanted to use it were happy to gave it a miss..
I gave in at at around 10.. I had been there for hours.. It was still going on  when I fell asleep.. :zzz:  I should have called from the window 'SHUT UP.. OLD PEOPLE AND BABIES ARE TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP'  :yell:

Alex

We didn't have any celebrations in my road, not even a Union flag was hoisted  :rolleyes: Too many Johnny foreigners and students here I'm afraid.