Whisky

Started by -Oy-, January 23, 2022, 09:53:59 PM

« previous - next »

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on February 02, 2022, 08:37:16 PM
more likely there it was...  :smiley:
Not this one. I'm saving it foir special occasions. You can se how little I've had since I got it in early October last year. It was my retirement prezzie from my work colleagues!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

I've only just learned how to drink spirits after a lifetime of lager drinking. It's taken a long time for this old quaffer to learn how to sip. Still can't and that's where the diet lemonade comes in. :grin:

crabbyob

i certainly agree with your whisky your rules...
but what do you think blended whisky is made of?

zoony

Is it like tea-bags and Park Drive?  :grin:

crabbyob

lol, not quite, it is a blend of the single malts left when they get barrelled up for ageing... so that Famous Grouse might just have a smidgeon of 'the McCallum' in it...

zoony

Kinda what I thought but it makes little difference..I don't know what goes into most of what I eat/drink.. :wink:

klondike

Possibly just as well. Certainly so where any meats are involved.

-Oy-

Quote from: crabbyob on February 02, 2022, 10:41:44 PM
i certainly agree with your whisky your rules...
but what do you think blended whisky is made of?
More often than not a few small amounts of single malt whiskies made up with cheap grain whisky. There are exeptions though - made with just single malts - and these are usually ok.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

-Oy-

Just cracked open this independant bottling of an Edradour Sherry Cask single malt. Look at that natural colour!

crabbyob

all the good malts were aged in sherry barrels, but the sherry folks got wise and bumped the prices up so now they buy full barrels of a well known American booze that i cant bloody remember, but it is cheaper for them to buy the full barrel of 'Jack Daniels' than an empty sherry barrel. so the malts are now being aged in old Burbon Barrels....
i got all this info from a visit to 'The Famous Grouse' Distillery whose top Label is 'The McCallum' ...

Raven

My dad always had a bottle of "Isle of Mist" Malt Whisky stashed in his man cave.  :shh:

crabbyob

i never saw my old man drunk...
he didnt need a drink to be a tosser.. [2030]

Raven

Never saw mine drunk either, but he did like a wee nip, as he called it.

Diasi

As a strict 100% teetotaller, not a pretend one who says they don't drink, except & Xmas etc, no alcoholic drink holds any interest for me whatsoever.

I even rejected some Parsley Box ready meals as they apparently had alcohol in them.

However, I do recognise the name Islay, as someone asked me to get him a botttle when I had a holiday in Scotland.

There's a shop in Inveraray that sold nothing but whisky & it was stocked floor to ceiling with all different brands.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]