More on net zero

Started by Michael Rolls, October 11, 2022, 11:13:42 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

A new report by the Centre for Economics and Business Research shows than the economic cost of 'net zero' outweighs the benefits by five to one. The report claims that the economic benefit of banning petrol and diesel vehicles is £76 billion, whilst the costs involved – cost, don't forget, to be met by the voters, is £400 billion – factoring in new vehicle purchases, time lost waiting for vehicles to charge and an additional cost of new charge points of £99 billion (the wording is a little ambiguous; I assume that £99 billion is part of the £400 billion, but it might be on top of it!)
The report also warned that the Treasury would lose £5.8 billion a year because of the reduced take of VAT and fuel duty – guess how that will be made up?
Madness, total and utter bloody madness.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

This is the latest of a string of reports that say there is no climate emergency anyway. This one is talking about hurricane strength and frequency. There have been others debunking the sea ice, coral bleaching and many other things we have been force fed as settled science for years now.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/14/climate-emergency-not-supported-by-data-say-four-leading-italian-scientists/

The main winners seem to be rich landowners who pick up a fortune for allowing bird chomping wind turbines on their land.

Yes there is climate change but it is far less severe than claimed by some or so it seems.

Michael Rolls

agrees with what I have been saying for years - the climate is always changing
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Is the planet even worth saving?  look around this country and I would say the way it is now it isn't, it's not Britain anymore, it's full of allsorts from every corner of the world and woke idiots, so carry on using petrol cars, oil, gas and coal, the planet will see our children and grandchildren out.

Ashy

It's not our job to save the planet. The planet will look after itself. Imagine the earth as a football and human life scattered about the surface. I mean come on.

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on October 11, 2022, 12:58:15 PMIs the planet even worth saving?  look around this country and I would say the way it is now it isn't, it's not Britain anymore, it's full of allsorts from every corner of the world and woke idiots, so carry on using petrol cars, oil, gas and coal, the planet will see our children and grandchildren out.
I completely agree, and I'm afraid that things have now changed so much that this country now has little future as a proud western nation.

There are, however, some countries in which I would be happy to live, were I starting life again.
New Zealand, Australia, perhaps Denmark or Norway, though I hear that even they are beginning to change.

The one other unthinkable thing, of course, is that mad Putin may just start a nuclear holocaust now that he is losing heavily to Ukraine.  If that does happen, then we have nothing more to worry about!   :shocked:
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire