Salesman's fault?

Started by klondike, January 10, 2024, 01:53:14 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Alex

Oh dear, you wouldn't even try that would you ?  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

I actually did similar. Bought a sofabed from MFI that said self assembly. It arrived at collection just before they closed. Turns out the self assembly was putting some castors on the bottom. I thought there was a chance it would fit in. By the time I found it woudn't quite they were shut. I struck lucky as somebody was leaving with a trailler and they took it back to mine for me and wouldn't take any money.

GrannyMac

That was a stroke of luck! 👍🏽
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Certainly was. 

MFI used to do short term hires but of course they had closed. It was only a fraction too wide but still too wide. I'd could ring friends these days but that was before mobile phones too. I think it would have been a carry home job assuming my wife was with me which she almost certainly would have been because she'd have wanted to see it.

Alex

Scrumpy

Me and Sam bought a big mattress from a store.. It would not fold over to get in the car..  No roof rack.. He put it on the roof.. and tied it with rope.... All windows open allowing the rope to pass through and over the top..
I had to hold on to the mattress through an open window.. We drove carefully and very slowly..  No pot holes back then.. Good old days.. eh!!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

At least you wouldn't get caught on camera back then.

I have done it with fence panels and a roof rack. Scary stuff.

Scrumpy

We looked like Hillbillies.. :smiley: :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I had that problem with a window once. Only just too big but it wouldn't go in. Luckily the shop had a delivery service.