This wouldn't happen nowadays and other old photos.

Started by Alex, June 26, 2022, 06:50:48 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

We've seen some horrendous things in India (I bet Crabby has seen more).  One memorable one was a man, with a long handled electric hedge cutter, standing on the back of an elephant to trim a tree.

Electrical junction boxes were crazy.  I took a photo of one in our hotel to show the electrical engineers where I worked.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2022, 09:43:51 AMWoosies. What could go wrong  :grin:

When the couple across the road had Sky installed the dish was fitted on the same wall as their front window & a foot above the top of the window so around 8ft.

The installer went up a very short ladder, installed an anchor bolt, secured the ladder to it, went back down the ladder to get the dish, came back up the ladder & carried on fitting it to the wall.

Lol.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on July 02, 2022, 10:00:47 AMWe've seen some horrendous things in India (I bet Crabby has seen more).  One memorable one was a man, with a long handled electric hedge cutter, standing on the back of an elephant to trim a tree.

Electrical junction boxes were crazy.  I took a photo of one in our hotel to show the electrical engineers where I worked.

India & South America are becoming the countries of choice for pharmaceutical companies because of the non-existent H&S regulations.

Again, using Pfizer as an example, my last job, before Pfizer pulled the plug & moved to either India or South America, was installing three vacuum transfer units which were used to transfer the base powders into the production vats where they were mixed with the solvents.

This was so that no operative came into contact with the chemical powders.

However, each of these three units cost £3 million.

As the plant was being closed down the guy who was in total charge had worked at pharmaceutical plants in India & said that workers would carry bags of the chemicals & manually dump them into the vats.

Also any scaffolding that was needed was erected with bamboo, strapped together with plant vines.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: -Oy- on July 02, 2022, 09:54:47 AMThe Concorde at Manchester Airport is in a big hangar next to the cafe. It's very tight in there and I'm not sure there's even room for it to come out.Maybe if they shifted all the picnic tables.

You make me doubt myself Oy  ! My " not that long ago " could be 10 years, and I saw Concorde on a runway from the window of a plane I was sitting on waiting for take off....................................or was I landing ?   😁

Scrumpy

I have seen her in the sky when she has flown over..
Very impressive.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Coming into Heathrow from Dublin at dusk we were still in sunlight but the ground was in near darkness - then Concorde emerged into the sunlight - this beautiful a/c gleaming white against the dark - fabulous sight.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Any guesses for this building ?  1920s.......

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on July 04, 2022, 03:38:08 PMNo, but you're not far out distance  wise.
Is it UCL in Bloomsbury? It has a dome which was completed before 1926?

Alex

Quote from: Ashy on July 18, 2022, 01:10:20 PMIs it UCL in Bloomsbury? It has a dome which was completed before 1926?

Old Wembley tower 1923

Ashy