1922 Committee

Started by Alex, January 26, 2022, 02:34:14 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Maybe someone can clarify for me, is this committee responsible for electing or sacking the Prime Minister  ?  I was interested, as I read this morning that the two vice-chairmen of the 22 Committee are William Wragg (he who claims to have been blackmailed by the government) AND Nusrat Ghani  (she who claims she was sacked from her role at MOT for being a muslim ) Does anyone else think this is a bit suspect ? 

zoony

The 'Committee' consists of ALL Tory back-benchers and meets weekly while Parliament is in session..

klondike

Doesn't matter who is chairman. Back benchers put in letters if they have no confidence in the PM. When some percenatsge of the party is reached it triggers a leadership election.I think I read that 54 letters need to be in. MPs can put them in and withdraw them.

Alex

Doesn't matter who's in charge then ?

klondike

There were suggestions that Brady may have been a little economical with the truth about May's letters and declared them at the best time for her but there was so much boloney then who knows.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/tory-vote-no-confidence-letters-boris-johnson-only-graham-brady-knows-1412332