Richard Tice

Started by Alex, January 24, 2024, 01:52:10 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Richard Tice has gone off on a jolly to Ukraine.   WHY  ?
Firstly I don't think he's the best person to lead Reform, I do like him but he lacks something, a something that Ben Habib has.  It's unfortunate that he's chosen this time for a photo opportunity and flitted off to Ukraine, an  error of judgement perhaps, with so many problems here at home AND just before the by-election where Ben Habib is standing.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 24, 2024, 01:52:10 PMRichard Tice has gone off on a jolly to Ukraine.  WHY  ?
Firstly I don't think he's the best person to lead Reform, I do like him but he lacks something, a something that Ben Habib has.  It's unfortunate that he's chosen this time for a photo opportunity and flitted off to Ukraine, an  error of judgement perhaps, with so many problems here at home AND just before the by-election where Ben Habib is standing.
You may be right.
Although he probably doesn't want the position, Nigel Farage would certainly attract votes if he was to stand for Reform in a safe seat.
Even assuming that Labour might well get into government this year, if Nigel had a seat in the Commons, he would be very effective in challenging motions put up by Labour, and might also attract more people to vote for Reform in four years' time.  He is a very persuasive speaker.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

As you say, I don't think Nigel is interested, so I'd like to see Ben as leader.  Perhaps Nigel will rejoin the Tories and who knows, maybe become party leader !

Ashy

I agree, Ben Habib has a better personality for leading a political party and Ukraine isn't everyone's pet country including my Ukrainian relatives.

Judd

I too, think that Ben Habib would be a better leader of Reform - he's intelligent, a good debater, and a good public speaker.
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

JBR

Quote from: Judd on February 04, 2024, 02:15:07 PMI too, think that Ben Habib would be a better leader of Reform - he's intelligent, a good debater, and a good public speaker.
But can he be trusted?

In any event, what will be will be.
My conscience is clear.

GrannyMac

Why might BH not be trusted?  Can we trust any politician?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

To be honest, I believe that whoever leads Reform, assuming they are in Parliament, even with only a small number of MPs, will bring some common sense to that 'debating chamber'.

If Labour has a majority, at least people may have the chance to hear some serious suggestions.  That would at least give Reform a better option for representation for the people and, hopefully, those who have been sitting on the fence believing that they can only vote for one or the other of the 'two main parties', might just decide to take the better option next time.

klondike

Quote from: JBR on February 04, 2024, 07:42:06 PMTo be honest, I believe that whoever leads Reform, assuming they are in Parliament, even with only a small number of MPs, will bring some common sense to that 'debating chamber'.
There have been Lib Dems and a Green in parliament for years. When do  we ever hear much of what either say in parliament. The only people MPs listen to is their whips.

It would be excellent to see a Reform MP or two but I don't expect their presence will do much. What would is a sizeable percentage of the vote. That is what secured  a Brexit referendum - Cameron's arse twitching thinking they may cause him to lose seats so he promised the referendum. The real miracle is that he actually allowed one.

GrannyMac

Two votes here. We won't shift Labour though.   Over 12k majority last time. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 04, 2024, 07:58:48 PMThere have been Lib Dems and a Green in parliament for years. When do  we ever hear much of what either say in parliament. The only people MPs listen to is their whips.

It would be excellent to see a Reform MP or two but I don't expect their presence will do much. What would is a sizeable percentage of the vote. That is what secured  a Brexit referendum - Cameron's arse twitching thinking they may cause him to lose seats so he promised the referendum. The real miracle is that he actually allowed one.

I take your point, but on the other hand don't all MPs have the opportunity to make a point of their own or criticise one made by the party in power?
Of course, it is up to whoever is doing the televising to decide who to show and when.

Diasi

I'd like to see Nigel Farage become leader again but if he decides not to then I'd like to see Ben Habib in charge as his publicly stated views mirror the majority of mine.

And yes, I would trust him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Best treat all politicians as crooks and pick the least evil to vote for.

klondike

I think there is a chance he'll return but I think he'll only do so if he judges there to be a good chance of him getting a seat. If he doesn't I reckon he'll be keeping his powder dry. Maybe he thinks the same way I do - if the Tories are pretty much wiped out there will be room for a right of centre party to fill the void next time around.

Him coming back must be worth lot of votes for Reform.

muddy

Quote from: Judd on February 04, 2024, 02:15:07 PMI too, think that Ben Habib would be a better leader of Reform - he's intelligent, a good debater, and a good public speaker.

He's awfully posh isn't he , good looking too 

( yes I know that is rather shallow ) 😀

https://youtu.be/er0Y4KLXG7Q?si=NafdxL7NuRahvbDI