Easy said

Started by klondike, December 06, 2023, 11:13:15 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

More 2019 Tory Voters Will Back Reform Than Labour at Next Election

More people who voted Conservative in 2019 plan to back Reform U.K. at the next general election than Labour, a poll has found. The Telegraph has more.

Just over half (55%) of those who backed the Tories under Boris Johnson in 2019 plan to do so again under Rishi Sunak, according to research from Redfield & Wilton Strategies.

Fifteen per cent of 2019 Conservative voters plan to back Reform, which is to the Right of the Tories on issues including Net Zero and legal and illegal immigration.

Despite Labour having a national poll lead of around 20 points, only 13% of those surveyed said they planned to support Sir Keir Starmer's party.

The figures suggest many voters in Red Wall constituencies – traditional Labour seats that backed the Tories for the first time in 2019 – could continue to reject the official opposition.

Nationally, Reform is polling at around 10%, and was the third largest party – outperforming the Liberal Democrats – in data published by BMG on Monday.

Richard Tice, the Reform leader, has pledged to stand candidates in every seat at the next election and argued the Conservatives must be "punished" at the ballot box.

The amount of votes picked up by Mr. Tice's party was bigger than the Labour majorities at the Mid Bedfordshire and Tamworth by-elections in October, effectively costing the Conservatives both seats.

A separate poll by JL Partners on Monday found that 15% of 2019 Tory voters intend to switch to Reform.

The party's policies include adopting "net zero immigration", which would mean the number of people entering the United Kingdom could not exceed the amount who leave, cutting corporation tax and income tax and nationalising half of major utility companies to "stop consumers being ripped off".

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/12/05/more-2019-tory-voters-will-back-reform-than-labour-at-next-election/

I will vote Reform but I think many will be scared of voting the wrong lizard in and go for the ones sporting blue rosettes even though they know full well that it will be a wasted vote and if by some miracle it isn't we'll just get more of the same old shit.

JBR

What will be, will be.
The future of our country is in our own hands.

I shall certainly vote as I have said for a long time now, but despite my hopes I do realise that most other people do not have the character to ever change from 'the two main parties' who have let us down repeatedly for over 30 years since 1990.

We get what we deserve!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

It's to be a game of wait and see. But I wouldn't hold my breath.  :shh:

Cassandra

As Sunak slides ever down the sides of the pan, his miserable Political attributes will percolate to incite even more contempt amongst older constituents, who will vote and hopefully for Reform.

Starmer is like electing a joiners shop with no joiners, just the wood!

Yvette Cooper - what a nonny, I ask you, no doubt the BBC would give her £2 million a year ...

I think Nigel has a few cards yet to play too.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

I think people will be scared to vote Reform .. It could mean giving votes to Labour..
Conservative voters will still vote Conservative in my opinion..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Nothing to lose here, Labour is firmly entrenched.  Reform will probably have more chance than the Tories!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 06, 2023, 04:26:34 PMI think people will be scared to vote Reform .. It could mean giving votes to Labour..
Conservative voters will still vote Conservative in my opinion..
I refer the honourable lady to my previous answer....

"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"

December 06, 2023, 04:52:57 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on December 06, 2023, 04:39:07 PMNothing to lose here, Labour is firmly entrenched.  Reform will probably have more chance than the Tories!
Nothing to lose here either. It's a marginal so the Tories will be toast whatever I do.

Cassandra

I can and do intend to vote in the UK. I feel the Tories are nowadays Lib/Dems, dominated as they are by the 'One Nation Tories' group. They are traitors and charlatans of premier pedigree who will ruin the UK by their immigration policy alone. At least a million net this year, but also its the unfolding perversion of the Covid investigation thats so disgusting too. Not so much by what it says, but what it's not going to be asked. A useless fest solely for my former professions pockets and nothing else! Truth and The Conservatives are about as compatible as sewage from drinking water.

Who cares Labour will win anyway. At least Reform could balance out the 'Bollox to Brexit' Lib-Dems in what looks like being a minority Govt, with labour as the biggest party. In this world today, I feel a semblance to the past will refrain in influence. In other words, many who have always voted Tory and might (they hope) revert to them at the last minute are a diminishing number. Many hate and distrust them so much they're finished with what the party has sunk too and want revenge on those who have refused to deliver what they voted for - "Let the Flames begin"

When Labour gets in, inflation led by a severe fall in the pound's value amidst a rush to the spending pumps will doom the UK into losing the £ and being shrunk wrapped into the EU by 'Two referendums' Starmer.

Game over ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 07, 2023, 03:45:55 PMI can and do intend to vote in the UK. I feel the Tories are nowadays Lib/Dems, dominated as they are by the 'One Nation Tories' group. They are traitors and charlatans of premier pedigree who will ruin the UK by their immigration policy alone. At least a million net this year, but also its the unfolding perversion of the Covid investigation thats so disgusting too. Not so much by what it says, but what it's not going to be asked. A useless fest solely for my former professions pockets and nothing else! Truth and The Conservatives are about as compatible as sewage from drinking water.

Who cares Labour will win anyway. At least Reform could balance out the 'Bollox to Brexit' Lib-Dems in what looks like being a minority Govt, with labour as the biggest party. In this world today, I feel a semblance to the past will refrain in influence. In other words, many who have always voted Tory and might (they hope) revert to them at the last minute are a diminishing number. Many hate and distrust them so much they're finished with what the party has sunk too and want revenge on those who have refused to deliver what they voted for - "Let the Flames begin"

When Labour gets in, inflation led by a severe fall in the pound's value amidst a rush to the spending pumps will doom the UK into losing the £ and being shrunk wrapped into the EU by 'Two referendums' Starmer.

Game over ...

Good news that you are still permitted to vote in the UK, and thanks for supporting the best party.

I believe you're right that Labour is most likely to win the next GE.  The one possible good outcome of that is that when they make even more mess of the country, they won't win the next time.

klondike

If, once they win it, the Marxist and Trotskyite members manage to take control there may not be a real "next time". Who do you expect to win next year's Russian presidential election for example?

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 07, 2023, 06:53:38 PMIf, once they win it, the Marxist and Trotskyite members manage to take control there may not be a real "next time". Who do you expect to win next year's Russian presidential election for example?
Good point.  However, I think there are other forces in this country who would refuse to accept a USSR-type government.

Ashy

Whoever we vote for individually, the government is formed from the people who got a fairly small minority of the votes. Once we take out the people who didn't vote, and the votes for candidates that weren't elected, and the votes for the successful opposition candidates, we are down below 20%, but that's democracy for you.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on December 07, 2023, 08:19:28 PMWhoever we vote for individually, the government is formed from the people who got a fairly small minority of the votes. Once we take out the people who didn't vote, and the votes for candidates that weren't elected, and the votes for the successful opposition candidates, we are down below 20%, but that's democracy for you.
First past the post ensures a constant swapping between 'the two main parties'.
Unfortunately for us, neither of them has any idea how to save the country.
In fact, the only thing they seem to want to do is to save and reward themselves.

dextrous63

How much vote rigging goes on nowadays?  

klondike

Plenty I expect. Mostly "community leaders" collecting the postal voting forms. There have been convictions in the past.