Has Suella Sunk Sunak ?

Started by Alex, November 14, 2023, 07:26:36 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

With her letter to Rishi Sunak now published on line, things couldn't get much worse for him.   Incase you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67416146

1955vintage

She has given it a good shot, I think she has hit him below the water line.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

dextrous63

I suspect the 1922 committee will need a sharper letter opener in the not too distant future.

GrannyMac

Watching Richard Tice talking about it just now.

Good for Suella!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Well she hasn't held back and that's for sure. She's hit the odious little turd with what ought to be a knockout but will it slide off the slime?

In terms of the party giving him the bum's rush I think it is too close to the election but if they should decide to and not give her the job they are missing their last chance of avoiding a wipeout.

Michael Rolls

WOW! Talk about telling it as it is!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

True.  But imho she's also done herself no favours since, if things have been like this for some time now, why hadn't she resigned already?  One could argue that she herself was just clinging onto her position for the title rather than the good she could do.

Michael Rolls

it could also be argued that had she resigned the status quo would simply have continued
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

A woman scorned is toxic.. She has put the final nail in the Tory coffin.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I find myself with negative thoughts every time I see Sunak. Just as I have looking at Blair, Corbyn, Major, Biden, May, Soubry, Gove, von der Leyen, Tusk and probably a score of others. I think the Tories are now well and truly sunk unless something miraculous comes along.

Ashy

The political class is showing itself up as taking their orders from outside bodies, which are controlled by a handful of billionaires, and they have studied how to circumvent democracies.

Scrumpy

And all the time most of the young go on enjoying their youth with not a care in the world about politics.. 
Just as we did.. Way back then...

klondike

All that will happen is that the current bunch of useless sods will be replaced by a different bunch who will likely be worse. No need to circumvent democracy as the voters are too dim to see the futility in flipping sides of the same coin.

November 15, 2023, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on November 15, 2023, 11:46:13 AMAnd all the time most of the young go on enjoying their youth with not a care in the world about politics..
Yep

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 15, 2023, 11:46:13 AMAnd all the time most of the young go on enjoying their youth with not a care in the world about politics..

Difference is way back then we could rely on our Mums, Dads and Grandparents not to cock everything up !

Scrumpy

The road I lived in as a child would put posters in their windows supporting Labour..
They continued to vote as granddad did.. and his dad before him.. 
Wives would go to the polls with their husbands in their best hat.. and vote as their husbands did.. Seldom would a women go to the polls on her own..
 People did not think for themselves they voted the way the family  had always done..