Do Labour know something I don't?

Started by klondike, November 13, 2023, 02:10:08 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Had an rather expensive looking Labour political message delivered. Fairly heavy card folded double. From their Westminster candidate but gives a mention to a selection of local council cock ups (plenty to chose from) and a local councillor I've never heard of (not hard I couldn't name any).

OK recyling bin top up but I'm wondering about the timing. Could they be expecting a snap election? There is potentially more than a year to go and they aren't as well funded as the Tories.

Ashy

dextrous63

Letters of no confidence in Sunak have already started to arrive at the 1922 committee.  Might be cutting it a bit fine to replace him if it's a May GE.

klondike

They must have had some foresight. True the Braverman sacking was predictable and she was the last of them saying what many Tory supporters wanted to hear but that election leaflet came before the sacking and before the letters. It arrived Sunday.

JBR

I reckon that Sunak and his mates have finally realised that the writing is on the wall.
As he, and they, have absolutely no idea what to do now, they have probably decided the time has arrived to give up.
They're probably thinking about what they can do now.

My guess is that Sunak (who is now Sunk) will hand many of his mates positions in the Lords and then slink away.
I would advise the more traditional Conservative MPs (and not the Liberals) quickly move and support Reform in the next election.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire