Puzzled

Started by klondike, October 04, 2023, 02:20:19 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

All the speeches at the Tory conference that are apparently being well received are effectively saying "We are getting this wrong".

I'm expecting Sunak to stand up and announce "We are bloody useless"  then sit down to a standing ovation.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 04, 2023, 02:20:19 PMAll the speeches at the Tory conference that are apparently being well received are effectively saying "We are getting this wrong".

I'm expecting Sunak to stand up and announce "We are bloody useless"  then sit down to a standing ovation.
I was rather hoping that he'd say: "We are getting this wrong, and I urge you all to vote for Reform."
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Of course there's a saying about it being the sign of a strong person who can admit things are wrong.

Again, speaking from personal knowledge, quite a bit of his speech, especially his swipe at the wokes & transgenders, will have resonated very positively with many of the lads on the building sites.

If he cracks on with starting the promised Northern infrastructure & transport projects he may be in with a chance as huge swathes of old Labour supporters still wouldn't piss on Starmer if he was on fire. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Hear what you say Diasi, but he seems to have overlooked the fact that he and his government have been getting these things wrong for quite some time, during which he has been defending their record.

I'm done with this lot anyway.  Reform for me.

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 04, 2023, 04:10:23 PMHear what you say Diasi, but he seems to have overlooked the fact that he and his government have been getting these things wrong for quite some time, during which he has been defending their record.

I'm done with this lot anyway.  Reform for me.
At this point in time I intend to vote for Reform as I'm a paying member of reform.

Sunak was the reason I resigned from the Conservative Party but, with any politician of any Party, I always give credit where I feel that credit is due.

I regard Sunak's speech as a good one & in my opinion it will go down well with a lot of the Red Wall voters.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Now if he can just stop the boats, he's in with a chance, albeit a slim chance..

dextrous63

Words are cheap.  He has yet to deliver.

Cassandra

Only 1,122 boat people in the last week, well didn't he do well! Always picks a time when the seas are elevated. I think his 'statistical prestidigitation' is shameless worse than a snake oil salesman'.

I find him repugnant he'll never do a thing about leaving the ECHR, bank reform, the NHS or the rampant inflation, now incited by the Oligopolist Grocery Chains, greeding up prices'.

Schematic, driven and egotistical, a little chattering man.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

He may not be able to stop the boats but he could stop the 600,000 legals tomorrow.

There were other promises. I think cutting NHS waiting was one and that is going up.

Inflation was another which was supposed to have been an easy one when it was made but stll seems to be sticky.

Reducing debt and growing the economy I see after checking were the other two.

This shows how he was doing when the article was written - https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-pledge-tracker-what-progress-is-the-pm-making-on-his-five-goals-12742535

There is a technical term for their position. I don't recall what it was but I think it started with F.

Raven

It's time to talk the talk again, but not walk the walk, that will be forgotten about.  :nooo:

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on October 04, 2023, 10:08:34 PMHe may not be able to stop the boats but he could stop the 600,000 legals tomorrow.

There were other promises. I think cutting NHS waiting was one and that is going up.

Inflation was another which was supposed to have been an easy one when it was made but stll seems to be sticky.

Reducing debt and growing the economy I see after checking were the other two.

This shows how he was doing when the article was written - https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-pledge-tracker-what-progress-is-the-pm-making-on-his-five-goals-12742535

There is a technical term for their position. I don't recall what it was but I think it started with F.

NHS waiting times won't be helped by the doctors' strike, which I believe is mainly political.  Junior doctors know all about deferred gratification, if they get through the early hard years, they're normally well rewarded.   
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I don't think it matters much whose fault it is and you are probably quite right on that. What matter is he stood up at the start of the year and made a big thing of his 5 points. Now it seems that he won't be delivering on them. 

HS2 was promised and has been curtailed. Quite rightly too imo as it was never going to be delivered in time or budget. 

What is the point of taking any notice at all of what he says when none of it ever happens?

There have been Conservatives in power for 13 years. Nothing works. The public finances are a disgrace. The tax burden is a disgrace. How can he expect to be elected (I won't say re-elected as he never was).

I'll have to rejig this one again soon...

dextrous63

Brown man speak with forked tongue kemosabe.

Next year marks the centenary of the first labour government (Ramsay "Happy Meal" MacDonald as PM).  The tories have been trying to undo the damage caused by them ever since.  😬

Michael Rolls

and at the moment, failing
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 04, 2023, 11:20:29 PMI don't think it matters much whose fault it is and you are probably quite right on that. What matter is he stood up at the start of the year and made a big thing of his 5 points. Now it seems that he won't be delivering on them.

HS2 was promised and has been curtailed. Quite rightly too imo as it was never going to be delivered in time or budget.

What is the point of taking any notice at all of what he says when none of it ever happens?

There have been Conservatives in power for 13 years. Nothing works. The public finances are a disgrace. The tax burden is a disgrace. How can he expect to be elected (I won't say re-elected as he never was).

I'll have to rejig this one again soon...

Absolutely true.
And we should remember whose bright idea HS2 was at the beginning.
None other than that nice Mr Cameron.  The first of the latest crop of incompetent Conservatives.

To be fair on him, of course, Treason May who followed him has no doubt done more than the others to cause ruin to our once-proud country, but that's another story.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire