Ford Mondeo

Started by Michael Rolls, January 19, 2022, 07:45:41 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I have now passed 2,000 miles in the new hybrid. So far, so good, but it does seem odd to have a car without a revcounter, a temperature gauge, nor a battery indicator. Presumable one of the clever messages will come up should there be a problem, like the one that appears when I switch off 'thanks for driving a hybrid'. Still trying to find a means of replying 'as if I had any bloody choice!'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

If is more efficient why be concerned? Can't see why they dropped the rev counter. I must admit that in an automatic it is probably pretty irrelevant and can't say I used in over much in my previous manual diesel although on a couple of occasions at least a glance told me that for some reason I was still in third and not fifth   [1160]

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on January 19, 2022, 09:30:10 AM
If is more efficient why be concerned? Can't see why they dropped the rev counter. I must admit that in an automatic it is probably pretty irrelevant and can't say I used in over much in my previous manual diesel although on a couple of occasions at least a glance told me that for some reason I was still in third and not fifth   [1160]
I've done that in the past, especially as my early cars tended to be 'mature' with gearboxes a bit on the floppy side - and the time I actually succeeded in moving off from rest in third - can't remember which car it was, though
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

In my case it was invariably moving off in slow moving traffic then simply forgetting to change up. Third was pretty high anyway. I guess you don't get that many slow moving streams of heavy traffic on the open road. That isn't to say I haven't gone from fourth to third in error but I would notice that.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

One does, doesn't  one!
Mike
[email protected]

FLOUNCER19

What I liked about the old Mondeo which I used at work was the heated windscreen, our new car which we bought at Christmas has all lots of technology on it which we like , but no heated windscreen in fact of all the cars of different cars we have had over the years not one has as had a heated windscreen.

I would have thought car makers selling cars in colder countries would have fitted them as standard  :hmm:

klondike

I'm pretty sure that they started with the Orion. I had a couple of Mondeos post an Orion and neither had it although it may have been an option - all were company lease cars. I think it's a Ford only thing although current Discoveries have it. Land Rover was owned by Ford for a while.

Michael Rolls

I think the heated windscreen is included in one of the option packages Ford love to offer. Certainly the previous Mondeo and this one had/have it - can't understand why it isn't more common. At a guess the theory is that hot air can be blown over the windscreen to clear it, but not the rear window
Mike
[email protected]

FLOUNCER19

I live on top of a big hill the wind chill factor means in winter its colder, even though on the drive my car is protected a little but the windscreen gets heavily iced in winter months, I do put a cover on it, back window is defrosted by the time I defrost the side windows manually which takes time in the mornings.

They have just upped the fines for driving if your vision is obscured by snow ice or steamed up , about time really very dangerous 

crabbyob

They have just upped the fines for driving if your vision is obscured by snow ice or steamed up , about time really very dangerous.

yeah, another way for our underused cops to help pay for thier wages...how can it be criminal to have your rear window fogged up when vans and lorries dont even have one?

FLOUNCER19

Quote from: crabbyob on January 20, 2022, 12:26:02 PM
They have just upped the fines for driving if your vision is obscured by snow ice or steamed up , about time really very dangerous.

yeah, another way for our underused cops to help pay for thier wages...how can it be criminal to have your rear window fogged up when vans and lorries dont even have one?

Sheer nonsense most people want more Police because we do not have enough of them to protect over 65 million in the UK that has been of great concern to most people for a long time.

Taxation pays for Police not fines it probably costs more to send you a speeding ticket or whatever than the revenue it may generate which goes to the Government.

If you cannot see because of ice on your windscreen and side windows or fogged up window , ( which van have ) if you had not noticed you are a danger to other road users and pedestrians.

I don't want some lazy or idiotic moron driving behind me or towards me if they can't see where they are going because they have not de-iced their windows or brushed the snow off why do you think vehicles makers put heaters and AC and heated windows in for fun, safety and comfort reasons

Don't fret about it you would be really unlucky to find a cop with the time to deal with you if your drove without without being able to see where you were going, but if you hit something or someone they may well be called which may not go well for you     

crabbyob

oy crawl back into yer box moron..... we are all entitled to our opinions but dont even consider talking down to me nor anyone else on here.... its time your mammy allowed you out on yer own, to play with big boys... numbty

Alex

One of the problems today is our police are indoors dealing with "non crime hate incidents " !  instead of being out on the beat.  Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a beat bobby in your town  ?  Yes we need more policemen, but for God's sake don't rely on university graduates to fill the jobs.  Better to employ people who have at least worked and lived in the real world. :waiting:

crabbyob

sadly 50% of their day is writing reports... surely they could give verbal reports that could be typed out by audio typists...

FLOUNCER19

Quote from: crabbyob on January 20, 2022, 01:12:08 PM
oy crawl back into yer box moron..... we are all entitled to our opinions but dont even consider talking down to me nor anyone else on here.... its time your mammy allowed you out on yer own, to play with big boys... numbty

Grow up you were very wrong last time about the jurisdiction of Police you thought in your wisdom they were like Sheriffs in the Westerns only has authority in their own town or state and not man enough to accept that.

Now you act like a schoolboy again because you are wrong again if you are Ok with some Moron driving towards you not in full control of their vehicle and a danger to you and others fine I am not.

You should realise by now at your age all the Rules that come under the Road Traffic Act which have increased over the years is because a percentage of drivers who ignore the rules a danger to themselves and others you I everyone the numbers of people killed or seriously injured on out roads every year proves that .

I am surprised at your childish behaviour you have disappointed me, if you can't act like adult ignore my posts