Will we really do it?

Started by klondike, September 01, 2023, 10:44:38 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: JBR on September 03, 2023, 11:13:13 AMI assume that Reform, Reclaim, UKIP and Heritage all have similar ideals and intentions.
In my opinion, the best thing they can all do is to unite and combine all their supporters.
I suspect that this will be close to the truth...

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 03, 2023, 07:17:04 PMI suspect that this will be close to the truth...

Ah, you mean the Judean People's Front?  Or was it the Popular Front of Judea?

I miss those particular comedians and Monty Python, especially Michael Palin, a really funny man who has appeared in several other highly amusing films and programmes.  Not only very funny, but they were well-educated with it.  Actually I have all three of those films on disc (which I recorded f.o.c. from the telly).
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I think the small independent parties are unlikely to amalgamate just as the various Judean liberation groups could never agree.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 03, 2023, 09:46:56 PMI think the small independent parties are unlikely to amalgamate just as the various Judean liberation groups could never agree.
A shame, as I think they all think along the right lines.
So it will be Labour, then, along with Corbyn, Abbott, Brown and of course BLiar.
They'll finally finish the country off.

klondike

Poor Dianne no longer has the Labour whip and sits as an independent.
Corbyn was blocked too but is still a party member apparently.

The others, of course are history but do have a tendency to turn up like bad pennies. Possibly if they do reappear as active Labour supporters they may be worth a few seats to the Tories.

Alex

Tony Blair may reappear......anyone want a fiver on it ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 04, 2023, 10:44:48 AMTony Blair may reappear......anyone want a fiver on it ?
BLiar has never really disappeared.  He pops up all the time on the telly.  I seem to remember him attracting the TV cameras during the Coronation earlier this year.

To be honest, I had forgotten that Abbott had effectively been kicked out of the Labour party.  I suppose she had become a bit of an embarrassment to them for what she says and does, especially such things as wearing her shoes on the wrong feet!

Although Labour haven't been in government for 14 years, I think they are still quite clear in people's memories.

Raven

But might be voted in to teach the Tories a lesson.  :nooo:

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 04, 2023, 06:14:03 PMBut might be voted in to teach the Tories a lesson.  :nooo:
I'd much rather Reform was called upon to deliver that message.

Raven

I too would like to see that happening but sadly people stick with one of the two old parties. Why? I have no idea.

Michael Rolls

because they know none others have a chance of an outright win - although perhaps in coalition - then look at 2010 with the Lib Dems and more recently with SNP/Greens
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Well the Tories have no more chance of being the next government than any of the minor parties next time around.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

More than almost. It's people clinging on to false hope that ensures we keep a two party system. I've done it myself. No more. Not that I expect anything other than a Labour government though.

dextrous63

Ah, the 2 party system.  The "needs sacking party" versus the "unelectable party"

We're spoilt for choice.