Councillors

Started by JBR, August 12, 2023, 10:28:38 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

I wonder whether some of you might like to add a few words to this picture of some councillors closely examining a pothole in a road.  I think it's definitely asking for it!

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

how about 'do we have a quorum?'
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on August 12, 2023, 10:28:38 AMI wonder whether some of you might like to add a few words to this picture of some councillors closely examining a pothole in a road.  I think it's definitely asking for it!

The fat bastard on the far left probably caused it when crossing the road whilst out walking.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

I told you not to step on to the road, Bob.  Now look what you've done.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on August 12, 2023, 07:53:05 PMI told you not to step on to the road, Bob.  Now look what you've done.
:upvote: :grin: :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Apart from the bloke with the magic spray can highlighting the obvious that's about the only inspection they get. I see from a bigger vesion of that picture that one of those blokes is Sunak. I guess we'll soon have a 5 point pothole plan along with all the other 5 point plans. They all seem to be...

1. See if there is any way to blame an earlier labour government.
2. Check that potential Conservative voters are pissed off with the problem.
3. Point out that Labour have not announced a policy on the issue.
4. Blame international law.
5. Announce a 5 point plan saying the problem will be fixed by the time of the next election.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 13, 2023, 10:04:39 AMApart from the bloke with the magic spray can highlighting the obvious that's about the only inspection they get. I see from a bigger version of that picture that one of those blokes is Sunak. 
Well spotted, were the tight trousers the give-away?  :grin:
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 13, 2023, 10:04:39 AMI see from a bigger vesion of that picture that one of those blokes is Sunak.
You're right!

So who's the big fat bloke?

I reckon he provides the necessary ballast when they drive away.  Sunak on his own would find his car floating off.

klondike

Biggest clue was in a different version of the picture...

I wanted a bigger version to check what they were looking at. In these parts potholes that small are classed as a good bit of road...

August 13, 2023, 10:54:01 AM
Quote from: JBR on August 13, 2023, 10:51:30 AMSo who's the big fat bloke?
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak with Darlington Council leader Jonathan Dulston (far left), Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen (far right) and Darlington MP Peter Gibson (second from left) in Firth Moor during a visit to Darlington, County Durham where he discussed local issues and how money announced in this year's budget would be spent on fixing the region's roads and repairing potholes (Stefan Rousseau/PA) (PA Wire)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/rishi-sunak-government-darlington-prime-minister-britain-b2311895.html

Scrumpy

Quote from: JBR on August 12, 2023, 10:28:38 AMI wonder whether some of you might like to add a few words to this picture of some councillors closely examining a pothole in a road.  I think it's definitely asking for it!

' When we started out there were five of us'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2023, 06:12:04 PM' When we started out there were five of us'

Hahaha!  The fat bloke has eaten him!

Michael Rolls

[email protected]