SNP woes

Started by klondike, July 24, 2023, 09:15:30 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

It isn't just gas boilers. Houses for sale need a minimum C energy rating. The rating rules have been fiddled to make sure you can't get a C with anything but electric heat exchangers. No oil, no wood, no coal either. 

When I heard it mentioned they said that England would be getting the same rules not much later. That house you thought you'd be leaving for your family will need an upgrade costing thousands if they want to sell it. Mind you HMG will probably be forcing you to sell it for care fees anyway if the NHS doesn't  kill you first through neglect.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on July 26, 2023, 12:41:31 PMIt isn't just gas boilers. Houses for sale need a minimum C energy rating. The rating rules have been fiddled to make sure you can't get a C with anything but electric heat exchangers. No oil, no wood, no coal either.

When I heard it mentioned they said that England would be getting the same rules not much later. That house you thought you'd be leaving for your family will need an upgrade costing thousands if they want to sell it. Mind you HMG will probably be forcing you to sell it for care fees anyway if the NHS doesn't  kill you first through neglect.

Such a wee cheerful cherub so you are.  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:

klondike

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 26, 2023, 12:31:09 PMbut the SNP have a track record of toeing the Green line

Do They? I can't find anything on Google that says they do, and I've been looking hard for it. But I do know there is a lot of friction brewing  between them and the greens. I for one would be glad if they split as the greens are doing the SNP no favours at all.

JBR

The Greenies, whether or not supported by the SNP (and I'm still not sure whether they do or not) are no more than a pressure group supported by a minority who themselves tend to live on a different planet.

They can succeed in the occasional seat, where the majority of residents too live on a different planet, but fortunately they are very unlikely ever to get into power in Westminster.

Unfortunately, the Conservatives are also jumping on the Green bandwagon.  As for Labour, they're happy to do the same if it buys them more votes.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on July 26, 2023, 01:19:53 PMDo They? I can't find anything on Google that says they do, and I've been looking hard for it. But I do know there is a lot of friction brewing  between them and the greens. I for one would be glad if they split as the greens are doing the SNP no favours at all.

You joking? A9 upgrade, oil and gas - remember were going to finance independence?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Err No I'm not joking, The A9 is still being done, have you not seen the miles of roadworks from inveralmond going north?
Yes the Greens oppose the Rosebank oil off Shetland, but they don't have the power to stop it.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on July 26, 2023, 08:10:03 AMSloppy accounting resulting in a loss of £600,000 could possibly exist in Amazon's annual multi-billion turnover.

Sloppy accounting cannot account for the loss of £600,000 when the SNP's total annual funding is very small.

The £600,000 was supposed to be ring-fenced & should have been placed in a separate suspense account that couldn't be accessed until either the second referendum occurred or the donors were consulted about allowing it to be spent on other things.

Not securing the money was a deliberate choice & not sloppy accounting.

For the uninitiated, at it's most basic, fraud is the offence of obtaining pecuniary advantage by the making of a false statement.

The SNP's donors were told that their donation was for the funding of a second referendum, so if the money has been used elsewhere then the statement about it's purpose was false.

However, in this situation I suggest there's a fine line between fraud & theft.
I still think that it may have got swallowed up in general expenditure.  Looking at their overspend compared to other parties suggests they weren't perhaps keeping as tight a rein on their outgoings as they should. 

In 2021 their income was £4,510,460. Their expenditure £5,262,032.   About £750k more. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on July 26, 2023, 11:57:16 AMNO.....This is not the SNP it's those crazy Greens who they have to work with. Nothing has been decided at all. It's basic Green Madness that's all. Unfortunately the SNP have to consider all they put on the table and at the moment that's how it stands......Under consideratin only. In the article there is a lot of Mights and Maybees and despite what people south of the boarder may think, the SNP are not stupid, they know if they agreed to this then they would not be back in office next time, the Scottish people are dead against it and will fight to have it stopped. Normal home owners can't afford to do this, nor do they want it, also it's supposed to be dearer to run than gas/oil. This is the work of Patrick Harvie NOT the SNP.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/patrick-harvie-planning-penalise-millions-30532167

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12332679/SNP-set-penalise-homeowners-fresh-ridiculous-policy-prevent-Scottish-people-gas-boilers-selling-homes.html
Thanks for putting me straight Raven, those policies are sheer madness, if that's the greens for you they have lost the plot, who the hell voted for them I wonder? Ordinary Scottish people must be as peed off as we are in Wales over the Labour party and their mad ideas.

Raven

You are dead right Jacqueline we are mighty peed off with all the nonsense at Hollyrood just now. As for those two Greens Harvie and Slater the are the biggest pests ever to get a wiff of power.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on July 26, 2023, 05:04:44 PMErr No I'm not joking, The A9 is still being done, have you not seen the miles of roadworks from inveralmond going north?
Yes the Greens oppose the Rosebank oil off Shetland, but they don't have the power to stop it.
Of course I have - have to drive through the Perth works - but further north from Perth things are on hold, unless the papers are lying, thanks to the SNP kow-towing - and oil and gas were going to finance independence - now naughty words - and unless, again, the press have missed it - what about the SNP not proceeding?
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 26, 2023, 05:36:13 PMI still think that it may have got swallowed up in general expenditure.  Looking at their overspend compared to other parties suggests they weren't perhaps keeping as tight a rein on their outgoings as they should. 

In 2021 their income was £4,510,460. Their expenditure £5,262,032.  About £750k more. 
Well if it was swallowed up by general expenditure that makes it a fraudulent use of the donated money & is a criminal offence.

You can't get money from people by telling them it's for A & then spend it on B.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Cassandra

Just reason this. The cost to the NatWest due to their woke rubbish is a mean £850 million in fallen share price alone. Peanuts in relation to Krankie's little puddle.

This other woman, 'CEO' 'Dame Alison Rose' was supposed to the best they had and the Chairman and Board had full belief in her abilities!

Also Sunak had her on his 'Green Panel' in Downing Street.

I think they all need frontal lobotomies ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...