SNP woes

Started by klondike, July 24, 2023, 09:15:30 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

never said that she was
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

She may well not have taken it but I find it hard to accept that doesn't know what's happened to it as her husband, who was CEO of the SNP when the money went missing, must know where the money is.

There must have been a " :wtf: 's happened to that donation money" conversation between her & her husband.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Maybe she read Harry Potter rather than the SNP accounts? 

Perhaps it was him that made it vanish come to that as it seems nobody in the SNP has any explanation.

1955vintage

On her watch, so she needs to take responsibility and explain what happened...............as much chance of that as          
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Raven

All so quick to judge, :waiting: I'll just put the politics section on ignore, and leave you to rip her to bits in peace.

klondike

It's my bet that the bulk of it has just leaked away in general party expenditure rather than having simply been embezzled. The camper van is rather odd though.

GrannyMac

I'm still holding my tongue on this. Not a fan of the woman, don't like much about her politics, but I tend to think like klondike. Possibly more sloppy accountancy than actual theft. Politicians should all realise they need to be squeaky clean, because they are targets.  Husband and wife running the show wasn't the best set up.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Don't you both think it's a hell of a lot of money for " sloppy accounting "  ?  :hmm:

Cassandra

It's impossible to separate the person from their history. In this case the lady will die by the sword she wielded. She collected too many enemies and her exposure to deporting personal vitriol and hatred seems to have driven her to desperation at the expense of rationale. Whilst I admired her passioned commitment to the cause, she lost it in the end as did another, Theresa May. Also many of my contacts met with Sturgeon over the years and none were complimentary of her personally, in fact the complete opposite, a factor unique in my experience to date.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Nigel Farage has said more than once that she is just about the most unpleasant politician he has ever met.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on July 25, 2023, 08:26:21 PMDon't you both think it's a hell of a lot of money for " sloppy accounting "  ?  :hmm:
Its just a little bit less than the SNP overspend for 2021.  No figures yet for last year.  This shows income and expenditure for most political parties.  No one else overspent to the same level.  

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/media-centre/uk-political-parties-accounts-published-0
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Sloppy accounting resulting in a loss of £600,000 could possibly exist in Amazon's annual multi-billion turnover.

Sloppy accounting cannot account for the loss of £600,000 when the SNP's total annual funding is very small.

The £600,000 was supposed to be ring-fenced & should have been placed in a separate suspense account that couldn't be accessed until either the second referendum occurred or the donors were consulted about allowing it to be spent on other things.

Not securing the money was a deliberate choice & not sloppy accounting.

For the uninitiated, at it's most basic, fraud is the offence of obtaining pecuniary advantage by the making of a false statement.

The SNP's donors were told that their donation was for the funding of a second referendum, so if the money has been used elsewhere then the statement about it's purpose was false.

However, in this situation I suggest there's a fine line between fraud & theft.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Neve mind about their fiddling finances. I heard that now after proposing the criminal age of responsibility be raised to 18, they now want to ban people from selling their houses if they have a gas or oil boiler.  I can't see a heat pump working in a bothy during a Scottish winter, are they raving mad?

The SNP must have a Department of Daft Ideas? have they totally lost it????

Raven

NO.....This is not the SNP it's those crazy Greens who they have to work with. Nothing has been decided at all. It's basic Green Madness that's all. Unfortunately the SNP have to consider all they put on the table and at the moment that's how it stands......Under consideratin only. In the article there is a lot of Mights and Maybees and despite what people south of the boarder may think, the SNP are not stupid, they know if they agreed to this then they would not be back in office next time, the Scottish people are dead against it and will fight to have it stopped. Normal home owners can't afford to do this, nor do they want it, also it's supposed to be dearer to run than gas/oil. This is the work of Patrick Harvie NOT the SNP.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/patrick-harvie-planning-penalise-millions-30532167

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12332679/SNP-set-penalise-homeowners-fresh-ridiculous-policy-prevent-Scottish-people-gas-boilers-selling-homes.html

Michael Rolls

but the SNP have a track record of toeing the Green line
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]