SNP woes

Started by klondike, July 24, 2023, 09:15:30 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Nicola Sturgeon faces being suspended from SNP as fears grow she'll be charged imminently

The former SNP leader is one of three party figures who have been arrested and subsequently released as part of the police investigation.

Nicola Sturgeon faces being suspended from the SNP if she is charged as part of the police investigation into the party's finances.

Scottish First Minister and SNP leader Humza Yousaf has so far refused to suspend his predecessor.

But he said her membership would be "reviewed" if charges are brought against her.

It comes as senior party figures are said to fear that the former SNP leader could be charged imminently.

Speaking at a cycling event in Dundee's Camperdown Park yesterday, Mr Yousaf said: "First and foremost, this is a live police investigation and I've promised the SNP will cooperate.

"In terms of Nicola, Peter Murrell and all the individuals that have been arrested, they've been arrested and not charged. If that changes, of course, that would be under review.

"If people have been released with no charge, I see no reason to suspend them from the party. However, if that changes, their membership would be under review. Being charged with a criminal offence is a serious matter."

He admitted the crisis had been his biggest challenge since taking over from Ms Sturgeon.

He said: "I would be fooling everybody if I didn't be honest and tell everybody that the biggest challenge we, as a party, have faced is the internal struggles that have been well publicised.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1794382/snp-nicola-sturgeon-police-investigation-finances?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=communities

Good news for Starmer. Must be worth some Scottish seats.

Diasi

And not before time as the missing money is obviously a fraud no matter how many explanations are used to try & justify it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Actually it's a no news news story. I'm not sure what has prompted it as they don't seem to be telling. Must just be whispers.

Raven

It's just SNP Hating Media having another go, :boo:  after all it's been out of the News for a wee while now. Can't have that at all, sooo more snide remarks and half rumours.  :angry:  They just have to keep stirring the Sh*t.

klondike

I guess we'll find out eventually if there is any case they think can be made stick. This seems to be just a rehash and I wonder why it was published. Slow news day? Click bait? I'd registed for the Express Whatsapp politics group (recent setup I think) and this is the first and so far only story to come through.

Alex

It's been in The Times and Mail too.

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on July 24, 2023, 10:38:29 AMIt's just SNP Hating Media having another go, :boo:  after all it's been out of the News for a wee while now. Can't have that at all, sooo more snide remarks and half rumours.  :angry:  They just have to keep stirring the Sh*t.

Quite right they should be left alone to commit their their fiduciary arrangements completely free of any attention whatsoever. I'm sure Lester Piggot and Ken Dodd would have been most supportive to this arrangement.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

The SNP loving media in Scotland has to accept 'summats' not right here, and the majority of Scots people didna sail up the Clyde on a banana boat. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Raven

Scotland is watching I can assure you. If and only if, Nicola has done anything wrong then she will have to take what she deserves ect. BUT, untill then  :lipsrsealed:  :lipsrsealed:  :lipsrsealed:

1955vintage

A lot of laughter this side of the Hadrians Wall.

:embarrassed:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

I've never regarded the SNP as a laughing matter
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Maybe because you are paying for them?

Diasi

So is it just a rumour that £660,000 was donated by people to fund a second referendum & all but £90,000 of it can't be traced?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

by all accounts, it is far more than a rumour
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 25, 2023, 05:50:30 AMby all accounts, it is far more than a rumour

I agree, BUT, that doesn't mean she was the one who took it.