Coutts v. Farage

Started by JBR, July 19, 2023, 11:28:48 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

It has all come out now!
Reported in the Telegraph, for one newspaper, and GB News.

The BBC's claim that Farage was removed from banking with Coutts because he didn't have enough money in his account has now been shown to be an outright lie.
Other claims by Coutts for ditching Farage include his association with Trump and, of course, his political views.

Coutts continues to suggest that Farage has been paying Russia for support, and that he panders to racists and is seen as xenophobic and racist.  None of these (and other accusations) have they managed to prove, despite their accusations.

They then admit that Farage has not broken any law, has the right to free speech, and is polite to staff!

Plenty of information has now been published in a number of newspapers and outlets.  If you're not sure about who is right and who is wrong, please read them and make your own opinions.

I think that Coutts (the Nat West, and seven other banks - I wonder who they are!) have now shot themselves in the foot.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Apparently the government are urgently looking into this (not just Farage but others too). Quite what they'll do though as they are all off spending their ill gotten gains looking after their constituencies until September followed by a number of other recesses...

Summer Recess
Start
22 July 2022
End
4 September 2022

House adjourned for period of mourning for HM Queen Elizabeth II - Commons
Start
12 September 2022
End
18 September 2022

Conference Recess
Start
26 September 2022
End
10 October 2022

November Recess
Start
10 November 2022
End
13 November 2022

Christmas Recess
Start
21 December 2022
End
8 January 2023

JBR

The government will no doubt be happy to 'look into' this.
They're very good at looking into things.

I don't suppose for one minute that they'll actually do anything about it, though.
They'll be too busy in thinking up plausible reasons why people should vote for them next year.

JBR

I can foresee a libel suit being brought against Coutts, and possibly others, before very long.
I believe that they have dropped themselves in it.  😉

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on July 19, 2023, 03:36:51 PMThe government will no doubt be happy to 'look into' this.

I don't suppose for one minute that they'll actually do anything about it, though.
They'll be too busy in thinking up plausible reasons why people should vote for them next year.
I wouldn't bank on it either.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on July 19, 2023, 03:36:51 PMThe government will no doubt be happy to 'look into' this.

The civil service will no doubt regard it as purely a civil matter and do nothing.

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on July 19, 2023, 03:56:29 PMI can foresee a libel suit being brought against Coutts, and possibly others, before very long.
I believe that they have dropped themselves in it.  😉

Imagine if it had been, Citizen Khan, or David Lammy in place of Farage. By now the King would be involved!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

The whole episode disgusts me. :angry: Banks are there to look after your money only, NOT, interfere in your life and monitor your political leanings.  :wtf:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Luckily we don't have squillions of ££.  Should the population of Birmingham be worried?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

The woman who is being blamed for the policy that saw Nigel Farage get his marching orders is the head honcho of the NatWest Group who own Coutts and have 19 million customers. They were the first bank I used and I was with them for many years right up until I needed a business account too and they were not competitive for me.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on July 24, 2023, 04:59:16 PMThe whole episode disgusts me. :angry: Banks are there to look after your money only, NOT, interfere in your life and monitor your political leanings.  :wtf:
But this is exactly why so many of us don't want a Central Bank Digital Currency scheme in the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Apparently in some privacy policy we have signed up to they can look at our social media accounts. That is just plain wrong and the government should sort it out, so much for online safety bills.

I am expecting to be de-banked very soon with some of the things I say!!!

JBR

I'm with Nationwide.

I really hope that when I vote for Reform, they don't ban me! 🤣

Cassandra

Nat West, Coutts - the whole woke twisted entity, has lied, distorted and breached 'European Law' at least twice. Nigel should sue the lot for at least £50 million and then watch them gyrate in the sharp light of open revelation and the hook of concentration.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...