What a shocker. Who could have predicted this?

Started by klondike, July 07, 2023, 09:13:23 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: Alex on July 09, 2023, 12:30:12 PMStopping the boats and putting a hold on legal immigration would be the biggest PR coup, don't ya think ?
I'm not sure it would be enough but I am sure they won't get that sorted anyway.

I remember the end months, weeks and days of Major's government. Hanging on and hanging on for a bit of good news that never came. Then we got the Blair landslide. This mob have made an even bigger balls up than Major did although his agreement to Maastricht was what eventually lead to Brexit which is the root cause of the Conservatives current problems as they are so badly split on it.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 09, 2023, 02:47:46 PMI'm not sure it would be enough but I am sure they won't get that sorted anyway.

I remember the end months, weeks and days of Major's government. Hanging on and hanging on for a bit of good news that never came. Then we got the Blair landslide. This mob have made an even bigger balls up than Major did although his agreement to Maastricht was what eventually lead to Brexit which is the root cause of the Conservatives current problems as they are so badly split on it.
And, unfortunately, the next Labour Government will be a much bigger disaster than Blair.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Doubtless.

I'm hoping that we may, finally, see the end of two party politics after that. The Blair/Brown disaster had a get out of jail free card - the banking system collapse.

GrannyMac

Unless mainland Europe gets a grip on illegal immigrants, some will still make their way to France and across the Channel.  If we can't stop them coming then we need to get them out of comfy hotels and into basic holding accommodation. Or just let them fend for themselves as other countries seem to do.  Speeding up the casework system would help.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on July 08, 2023, 07:41:57 PMIf Boris was still PM the Tories would have won the next General Election quite comfortably.

It's as I predicted, the ethnic Indian PM has done most of the damage to the Tories because millions of us former 'True Blue' Tories won't vote for an Indian-led party.

What a load of tosh.. 
If the 'True Blue' will not vote for their (favourite) party because of the colour of a persons skin they do not deserve to be in government..
I am a Tory.. I always have been.. I care not about a persons skin colour.. 
The last few leaders of the party should be ashamed of themselves.. It is not only down to Sunak.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 10, 2023, 11:44:31 AMWhat a load of tosh..
If the 'True Blue' will not vote for their (favourite) party because of the colour of a persons skin they do not deserve to be in government..
I am a Tory.. I always have been.. I care not about a persons skin colour..
The last few leaders of the party should be ashamed of themselves.. It is not only down to Sunak..
If you say so but it's far deeper than Sunak's ethnicity, it's how he was foisted on us.

What do the Committee Members of your local Tory Party say when you attend the meetings?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

As you are all well aware I am NOT a Tory Voter, but it seems to me their problems started when the Tories stopped being proper Tories and morphed into whatever the hell they are now. [1160]
Don't know what it is, but it sure is not Tory.

Alex

Sunak always looks out of place.  The last gathering of leaders he looked ridiculous stuck on the back row , all 5 foot 6 of him and those sparrow legs !  He doesn't look like a statesman, nothing to do with his colour -  stick Idris Elba in there and I'd be over the moon !  Seriously though as a white Christian country ( for now )  I think our leader should be a white Christian.. 

dextrous63

Interesting point Alex.  Do you think you'd feel the same if Jesus had been black?  Not having a dig, just curious.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on July 10, 2023, 12:05:50 PMIf you say so but it's far deeper than Sunak's ethnicity, it's how he was foisted on us.

What do the Committee Members of your local Tory Party say when you attend the meetings?
I am sure you are aware that I am not a paying member of the party..
Should they speak of their dislike of 'another's skin colour I am pleased that I am not..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 10, 2023, 12:21:52 PMInteresting point Alex.  Do you think you'd feel the same if Jesus had been black?  Not having a dig, just curious.
Well he sure as hell wasn't Aryan....

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 10, 2023, 12:21:52 PMInteresting point Alex.  Do you think you'd feel the same if Jesus had been black?  Not having a dig, just curious.

Jesus wasn't black or white, what is your point ?

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on July 10, 2023, 12:31:47 PMJesus wasn't black or white, what is your point ?
No point.  Just curious.