Let's be clear about this

Started by klondike, June 19, 2023, 08:45:16 AM

« previous - next »

Ashy

I think that tells us all we need to know.

Diasi

:upvote: That just about sums it up. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Pretty clear.
For Labour, read Marxist.
For Conservative, read Liberal.

Of course, most thinking people will not vote for either.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Maybe for hard core supporters Liberal and Marxist are reasonable descriptions but Labour stated policies and government actual policies seem pretty much identically green liberal to me. Of course we don't know what Labour will actually do in power or if the radicals in the party can depose Starmer. We'll be finding out soon enough though.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 19, 2023, 11:47:54 AMMaybe for hard core supporters Liberal and Marxist are reasonable descriptions but Labour stated policies and government actual policies seem pretty much identically green liberal to me. Of course we don't know what Labour will actually do in power or if the radicals in the party can depose Starmer. We'll be finding out soon enough though.
Of course.  Surely we all know, by now, that all politicians assure us of their intentions, if in power.

Soon after they are elected to government, strangely, their intentions change quite noticeably.

Alex

I think the title is one of wee cranky's favourites.  :grin: or rather 'let ME be clear about this' :grin:  :grin:

Raven

Quote from: Alex on June 19, 2023, 02:39:28 PMI think the title is one of wee cranky's favourites.  :grin: or rather 'let ME be clear about this' :grin:  :grin:

True enough She does have a habit of saying that. :grin:

klondike

Sorry about the plagiarism. I don't listen to more than the first two words from her on anything so it was entirely an accident.

JBR

Poor Wee-Krankie.  She's only trying to make herself rich, isn't she?
Like Brian, who I'd love to see join this forum!

klondike

I think that she is driven by the desire for independence and I can't criticise her for that even though I think the practicalities would be absolutely huge and seeing the mess the SNP have made of so many things I'm not sure how it would go.

Was she on the fiddle? Dunno. It looks that way but could just be incompetence which I think is more likely.

Raven

I really don't think she did any thieving or figure fiddling, she has no need to, as both her and hubby have damn good money going into their home from well, very well, paid jobs.

klondike

I'm not arguing that she was but I will say that having money tends to make many want more rather than think they have enough already.

Raven

Oh Well, it'll all come out in the wash.....Eventually.