Poor old Macron

Started by klondike, April 27, 2023, 09:57:17 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

If our leaders thought they got some stick they were wrong. I had to chuckle at this....

Running on Fumes: Macron Forced to Travel With Generator Truck as Unions Literally Cut Off His Power

French President Emmanuel Macron is now travelling around France with his own electric generator as protesting French unions keep cutting off power during his regional visits, a report claims.

Under massive pressure as a result of his controversial pension reforms, Macron is currently undertaking a public-relations blitz in France in the hopes of rallying the general public to his side.

However, his whistle-stop tours of various regions across the country have not been going well, with the President's visits often being met with protesters noisily banging pots and pans in the hopes of derailing the PR stunt.

To make matters worse, trade unionists with access to the country's national grid have also taken to cutting the power in areas where Macron is stopping in an effort to cause even further chaos for the head of state.

Such a scheme appears to be working, with French Broadcaster TF1Info reporting the President and his entourage as now bringing along a truck-mounted diesel electric generator when visiting an area, seemingly in an attempt to circumvent the cuts.

The fossil fuel-burning generator was spotted during the President's latest visit to the town of Vendôme, with one journalist with the broadcaster claiming it was there to "avoid" disruptions that occurred during previous outings. Video footage from the location showed the generator running, and thick power cables running from it to a building the President was visiting.

Full story: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/04/26/running-on-fumes-macron-forced-to-travel-with-generator-truck-as-unions-literally-cut-off-his-power/

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Oh Dear, but I can't help laughing.  :embarrassed:

Alex

Ashy

That man is about as popular as a wickerwork chair in a nudist colony.

Diasi

So long as the locals refuse to refuel the truck.  :clap:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Appalling let down for such a towering politico as the midget frog! You'd have though Shcwab & Soros could have 'fixed' this for their favourite child, after all they do for just about everything else in the Western hemisphere ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Oh, poor little Micron.
Anyone would think that he isn't very popular in his own country.
I wonder why.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire