Leicester

Started by Alex, September 18, 2022, 01:51:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Is everyone aware of what's going on in Leicester this week  ?  Some of the clips I've seen involved fighting between Muslims and Hindus.  This started after a cricket match couple of weeks ago and has continued nightly.  The latest one from last night shows a Hindu temple being vandalised, the police appear to be standing by and not intervening.
Leicester residents can only stand by and watch. 

Scrumpy

Let them fight among themselves.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You know its got bad when they start running a book on the outcomes.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 18, 2022, 02:18:34 PMLet them fight among themselves..
I tend to agree with this!
As for the police not interfering, surely that is to be expected.  My suspicion, bearing in mind that other such things are not uncommon, is that the police have been ordered to not take any part in upholding the law when 'certain people' are involved.  Not even rape of children!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Jacqueline

As I said on the other Forum, Leicester was a nice place once.  We went on an anti immigration march in the early 1970's, tried to tell them what would happen, nobody listened called us racists, now they can stew in it as far as I'm concerned.  I beleive this was hapening in Southall years ago, all young blokes again. 

My poor country, I bet the late Queen wasn't happy about the changes to her country over the years.

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on September 19, 2022, 12:03:48 AMAs I said on the other Forum, Leicester was a nice place once.  We went on an anti immigration march in the early 1970's, tried to tell them what would happen, nobody listened called us racists, now they can stew in it as far as I'm concerned.  I beleive this was hapening in Southall years ago, all young blokes again.

My poor country, I bet the late Queen wasn't happy about the changes to her country over the years.
I agree.  In the early days, there must have been quite a lot of acceptance and even encouragement from the British people.  I distinctly remember my father, who had an off-licence shop in West Bowling, Bradford, happily agreeing to allow some new people from Pakistan to use our telephone (the only one in the area).  Of course, he had no idea what they were saying as they spoke in their own language.  After a time, he discovered that they had been taking advantage of him in preparing to set up their own shop along the street to be in direct competition to him.  Not long afterward, others of their 'type' began to pour in to the area.  That was when my father began to develop a distinct hatred of those people, which he retained throughout the rest of his life.

Ashy

I can remember when Leicester was respectable. What's happening there has happened on a bigger scale in Cyprus, India and north Africa.  Some people think they are superior and won't live with inferior beings.

Alex

I didn't know they had a muslim v Hindu problem in Cyprus, I had a lovely holiday there a few years ago. :shocked:

Michael Rolls

nor me - Greeks and Turks, yes - but had never heard of MvH
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

When I worked for BG, our HQ was in Leicester. Several of my colleagues there were Asian, they'd moved to the UK from Uganda. Hard working, with excellent English, I have no idea if they were Muslim, Hindu or neither. 

Religious strife has no place here, neither does living as if they were in the middle ages.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Unfortunately we (government) have allowed this to happen...
 It will become widespread in this country as those who already live here continue to breed.. 
If we complain we are racist..  If we try to stop it Human Rights jump in...

... and still they come..  assisted all way.. by the very country they are destroying..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 20, 2022, 08:01:59 AMWhen I worked for BG, our HQ was in Leicester. Several of my colleagues there were Asian, they'd moved to the UK from Uganda. Hard working, with excellent English, I have no idea if they were Muslim, Hindu or neither. 

Religious strife has no place here, neither does living as if they were in the middle ages.

Uganda in Africa was a Christian country, I imagine Islam is on the rise there too now, as it is in every country.

Just read 15 police officers were injured during these fights and a police dog !   I don't think the police should use dogs against muslims, they hate them and see them as unclean.

klondike

I worked with a bloke whose parents were expelled Ugandan Asians. They went to Canada and weren't muslims. He didn't practice any religion but I imagine that he was notionally a Hindu as he didn't go in for a turban and beard which I think the Sikhs do. I think Idi Amin simply stole their assets. The full details are no doubt on Wikipedia and elsewhere but I don't think religion came into it. Happy to be corrected.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 20, 2022, 08:22:45 AMUnfortunately we (government) have allowed this to happen...
 It will become widespread in this country as those who already live here continue to breed..
If we complain we are racist..  If we try to stop it Human Rights jump in...

... and still they come..  assisted all way.. by the very country they are destroying..

You couldn't make it up, could you?
The country has changed enormously since I was a young man, and it wouldn't take too much imagination to foresee what will happen to it over the next 50 years.  Just another third-world country, I think.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Alex on September 20, 2022, 10:46:31 AMUganda in Africa was a Christian country, I imagine Islam is on the rise there too now, as it is in every country.

Just read 15 police officers were injured during these fights and a police dog !   I don't think the police should use dogs against muslims, they hate them and see them as unclean.
I'd be happy to see them use tigers- hungry tigers!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]