UK's George Floyd ?

Started by Alex, September 14, 2022, 06:47:12 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Having watched many hours of fly-on-the-wall traffic police programmes, it's clear that it's not at all uncommon for offending vehicles to ram police vehicles in an attempt to escape, but I've not seen any of the drivers shot dead.

When I lived in the South East I had an acquaintance who was Met firearms officer & a more unsuitable person to be trusted with a gun in an official capacity is hard to imagine.

A really nice guy but Rambo when he was armed.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex

Just how many killings by police officers have there been in UK  ? just out of curiosity.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

A tiny number compared to the US for sure and maybe not many compared to most other counties. Where else is there a predominantly unarmed police force?

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Alex

That's more than I thought.😲

Michael Rolls

it 'only' works out at around two a year - but I was very surprised that it was even that many.

September 18, 2022, 04:37:38 AM
Quote from: Oi you! on September 17, 2022, 09:57:07 PMA tiny number compared to the US for sure and maybe not many compared to most other counties. Where else is there a predominantly unarmed police force?
Ireland's An Garda Síochána are predominantly unarmed.
Can't think of any others
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Chicago may have that many in a weekend, but it's no excuse. Anyone can be the victim of mistaken identity, anyone can be falsely assumed a threat. Before a policeman discharges a lethal weapon, or a non lethal one for that matter, he absolutely must be sure.