"Liz" Truss wins election

Started by Ashy, September 05, 2022, 01:04:10 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on September 06, 2022, 12:47:08 PMIt was closer than I expected. He must have had more relatives than I thought  :grin:

I wonder if he is still smiling...
With his family billions he will be smiling all the way to the bank...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 06, 2022, 01:05:09 PMWith his family billions he will be smiling all the way to the bank...
His in-laws won't be now he's no longer in power.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

It could all be an elaborate scheme to blame someone else when we see the scale of the mess to be cleared up. That would make a birthday cake a good investment.

I bet the chap who paid for the gold wallpaper is upset.

klondike

I bet Liz will be too when she sees it... :tongue:

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Ashy

They'll have steamed it off by now, just bare plaster now.

Diasi

She did well at her first PMQ's, she made Labour, & especially the SNP, look the idiots that they are.

She demolished Starmer & Blackford.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

PMQs doesn't pay my tax or my gas bill, but it is a start.

Alex

I thought she did ok myself.  :upvote:

What I don't understand is why we're not making the energy companies, who have posted billions of £s in profits, pay for most of the increases.  Can anyone give an idiots guide type explanation ?

Sheila

I feel better about her now after watching PM Question Time.  I thought she did well and was well prepared.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 07, 2022, 03:50:11 PMI thought she did ok myself.  :upvote:

What I don't understand is why we're not making the energy companies, who have posted billions of £s in profits, pay for most of the increases.  Can anyone give an idiots guide type explanation ?
Because Liz Truss will give the go-ahead for the North Sea oil & gas drillers to start increasing their operations & the profits will enable them to do it quickly.

The resulting extra energy will make the UK independent of imported gas & will reduce gas prices & will bring in more continuing income than a one-off windfall tax would.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on September 07, 2022, 05:03:58 PMBecause Liz Truss will give the go-ahead for the North Sea oil & gas drillers to start increasing their operations & the profits will enable them to do it quickly.

The resulting extra energy will make the UK independent of imported gas & will reduce gas prices & will bring in more continuing income than a one-off windfall tax would.

Cheers Phil,  but are these  companies obliged to use their profits on the north sea sites  ? what's to stop them saying 'stuff that, not enough gas left' ?  :grin:

Diasi

#41
Quote from: Sheila on September 07, 2022, 04:57:03 PMI feel better about her now after watching PM Question Time.  I thought she did well and was well prepared.
She was well prepared & gave concise answers, didn't play to the audience & didn't try to be clever.

Both Starmer & Blackford thought they had her on the ropes when they asked if she intended to impose a windfall tax & they assumed she'd waffle & dodge the question, so they could keep asking over & over, but she silenced them with a straight seven-word answer "no, I won't impose a windfall tax" & proceeded to tell them why.

September 07, 2022, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: Alex on September 07, 2022, 05:07:41 PMCheers Phil,  but are these  companies obliged to use their profits on the north sea sites  ? what's to stop them saying 'stuff that, not enough gas left' ?  :grin:
The gas companies do what will make them a profit & there are untapped gas reserves in the North Sea which the green idiots managed to stop them accessing.

Liz Truss  will give them the green light to start drilling, which they'll do as quickly as they can.

Because time's money.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

If the answer is more tax, then it was the wrong question.

klondike

Not if the question was "What is the best way to horlix any chance of avoiding a recession?"

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Ashy