What the Hell Are the Tories Playing At.

Started by Raven, September 04, 2022, 12:21:14 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Today maybe a good move. They'll have time to bin it before the rest turn up. I'll bung it in the postbox today.







We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on September 04, 2022, 11:23:58 PMYour not a fan then Cass.  [1160]

No, I detest every last vestige of him. He magnificently reflects Professor Peter's principal that everyone is promoted to their eventual level of incompetence! But his policies on Green rubbish and his insistence on hiding his Lockdown disaster rubbish by spangling on about the Ukraine is to me wanton politicking for sake of his vast ego at the country's expense. A complete Idiot.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 05, 2022, 09:29:13 AMI think the incumbents inbox has just too many impossible to solve in the time issues for anything but a labour win though. People can't remember the last full on Labour government as most were either unborn or children and I reckon that is what we will be getting.


Unfortunately I have to agree that I think it's a strong possibility too, but also I hope there are still enough of us alive that do remember the last full-on Labour Government to prevent another one getting elected.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

I wonder if the situation will be so dire that the Reform Party may get a look in. I fear not, of course, as despite many of their policies being dear to my heart I have to wonder if they would have heavy enough boots to kick the sodding mandarins into line. A lack of any track trecord almost certainly means that the best they can hope for is one or two retained deposits.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Raven

Quote from: klondike on September 05, 2022, 06:09:50 PMI wonder if the situation will be so dire that the Reform Party may get a look in. I fear not, of course, as despite many of their policies being dear to my heart I have to wonder if they would have heavy enough boots to kick the sodding mandarins into line. A lack of any track trecord almost certainly means that the best they can hope for is one or two retained deposits.

All parties have to start somewhere, the country has to be willing/desperate to give them a go..The SNP were an also ran for a very long time, but once they did get in they stayed there. So don't give up there could be another party waiting in the wings.

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on September 05, 2022, 03:58:25 PMNo, I detest every last vestige of him. He magnificently reflects Professor Peter's principal that everyone is promoted to their eventual level of incompetence! But his policies on Green rubbish and his insistence on hiding his Lockdown disaster rubbish by spangling on about the Ukraine is to me wanton politicking for sake of his vast ego at the country's expense. A complete Idiot.
I agree.   Admittedly, Boris did honour the Brexit vote... sort of.  He simply agreed to Treason May's BRINO, which is why we are where we are now.

He has also been pushing his wife's green agenda, which only the protesters fully agree with, and was in charge when this disgraceful energy supply problem began.  No nuclear power expansion, no North Sea oil and gas resumption and no fracking.
The best he could come up with is his beloved HS2 waste of money.

I am pleased and relieved that he has gone.
As for the future, I shall vote for Reform UK as I have said all along.  Some may say I'm wasting my vote, but I should probably waste it by voting for Conservatives and certainly by voting for Labour.
We shall just have to see what Truss does about this country now.  She has two years.

No.  What will be will be.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Jacqueline

Apparently Liz Truss may not  have any white men in her top job cabinet, so the rumour says all immigrants and women.  Interesting to see what tomorrow brings, even the Labour party has white men.

GrannyMac

I don't care as long as they're competent. Of the four the article refers to, all were born here. James Cleverly has a white father - if that matters, so he's 50% white.  Liz Truss is of course white, just not a man. Braverman and Kwarteng are the other two who are mentioned in the headline I saw.

We are in the middle of a fuel crisis, our economy is going down the pan, not the best time for a whole new bunch of people to take over. The colour of their skin isn't what'll make them succeed or fail.  Lets face it, you can't get much whiter than Boris.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 06, 2022, 07:37:04 AMI don't care as long as they're competent. Of the four the article refers to, all were born here. James Cleverly has a white father - if that matters, so he's 50% white.  Liz Truss is of course white, just not a man. Braverman and Kwarteng are the other two who are mentioned in the headline I saw.
I care to the extent that when I turn on the news I don't want to wonder which country's Parliament I'm watching.

But I do acknowledge that it's not PC to want Britain to look British.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy


I don't care what colour skin a person has.. It is more important , at this time, that they do a good job..
 If the white man can't manage it, and it is proven that they can not, let others try..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 06, 2022, 07:37:04 AMI don't care as long as they're competent. Of the four the article refers to, all were born here. James Cleverly has a white father - if that matters, so he's 50% white.  Liz Truss is of course white, just not a man. Braverman and Kwarteng are the other two who are mentioned in the headline I saw.

We are in the middle of a fuel crisis, our economy is going down the pan, not the best time for a whole new bunch of people to take over. The colour of their skin isn't what'll make them succeed or fail.  Lets face it, you can't get much whiter than Boris.


I agree.  I have said before that the colour of their skin is not important: my excellent optician and the chap who did my vitrectomy are both brown-coloured and I am very happy and impressed with both.

The ones who would do us harm (for their own benefit) are the illegal immigrants and the evil men of all colours who break the law, not forgetting of course the (white) marxists in the Labour party like Compo Corbyn and their union leaders who hold the country to ransom.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

The only worry I have is with a non white person appointed as Home Secretary.  They may have been born here, but possibly have ties back in "the old country" or perhaps a place in their heart for said country.
This could possibly hinder any decision they need to make regarding immigration.   :hmm:  :hmm:  Or am I seeing a problem where  one doesn't exist ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 06, 2022, 01:21:31 PMThe only worry I have is with a non white person appointed as Home Secretary.  They may have been born here, but possibly have ties back in "the old country" or perhaps a place in their heart for said country.
This could possibly hinder any decision they need to make regarding immigration.  :hmm:  :hmm:  Or am I seeing a problem where  one doesn't exist ?
Well no-one yet - black or white - seems to have done anything constructive about illegal immigration!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Sad as it may be for some people, a more hard nosed approach is urgently required.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on September 06, 2022, 02:24:47 PMSad as it may be for some people, a more hard nosed approach is urgently required.
I don't know whether Truss has a hard nose, but I'm pretty sure that Reform would deal with the matter properly, regardless of all the lefties and lawyers.
Sadly, my vote will be no more than a cry in the wilderness and the chances of Reform reforming this country are slim.
Still, ultimately that is down to the electorate.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire