Latest on the channel crossings

Started by Alex, August 29, 2022, 08:08:23 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I wonder if it will make any difference when Priti Patel is replaced..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Shouldn't think so Scrumps, it seems there's nothing we can do they just keep coming.

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 04, 2022, 06:24:05 PMThird? Wat Tyler and the Peasant's Revolt - the Civil War?
The Civil War?  Yes, but that was an argument between royalty and parliament.

The Peasants' Revolt, however, was more what I had in mind though further back in time.  That basically was between the rulers of the country and the ordinary people, which is more along the lines I was thinking about.
On that occasion, the rulers called for the support of the army which, in those days I assume, was a more effective force than what still remains today.

If we had a modern revolution by the ordinary people against the government today, I'm not absolutely sure on whose side the army (and the police - who are they?) would find themselves.  Similarly, I'm not sure how the Royal Family would feel about it.  Perhaps they'd feel some support for the ordinary people of the country, and bear in mind that the armed forces have sworn allegiance to the Queen.

In any event, I'm sure that if a sufficient number of people arose against the way the government is running the country - and, of course, the rich and many businessmen who have only themselves at interest - everyone would suffer to the extent that I'd like to think that all parties would make the necessary effort to put right what we were suffering and which instigated the revolt.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

No matter which way you look at it, somethings got to give......And Soon.  :yell:

klondike

As we apparently can't deport them we need to ship them to wherever this lot live...

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Jacqueline

Yes billet the illegals on the lot holding up the posters, they love them so much they can bloody well have them.  

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

960 Saturday, 1160 yesterday, today seems a reasonably calm day.  Any bets ? :yay:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 04, 2022, 10:00:24 PMAs we apparently can't deport them we need to ship them to wherever this lot live...

1: Use some of the Oxford & Cambridge prestigious colleges to house a few boatloads.

2: Then use the hotels in Mayfair.

3: Use second home holiday properties to house them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 05, 2022, 03:57:48 PM1: Use some of the Oxford & Cambridge prestigious colleges to house a few boatloads.

2: Then use the hotels in Mayfair.

3: Use second home holiday properties to house them.
Looking at that picture, I'd say that most of those protesters are probably in their 20s.
Give it another 30 years or so and even Oxbridge colleges and 'posh' places like Mayfair will have become something similar to what our inner cities are like now.
It's unlikely that I shall still be around by then, but I and others of my age and opinions would end up having the last laugh!
These naive do-gooders will get exactly what they deserve, assuming that they haven't had second thoughts and emigrated to leave the less-fortunate to make the best of a ruined country.

Jacqueline

Are these young white people going to be happy to get the crappy jobs and play second fiddle to the immigrants? lets hope they live to regret their crazy ideas.

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on September 06, 2022, 12:01:38 AMAre these young white people going to be happy to get the crappy jobs and play second fiddle to the immigrants? lets hope they live to regret their crazy ideas.
I bet most of the older ones are retired academics, who currently live in areas that are unlikely to be affected by uncontrolled mass immigration, & most of the younger ones will be 'professional' protesters who are on benefits.

They'll want the immigrants to take all the jobs so that the Job Centres don't have any jobs to offer them
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

JBR

Now that we've got rid of that buffoon Boris, let's see what Liz Truss does about this.

On the other hand, most of what the politicians in general promise doesn't seem to mention the real problem we face now: uncontrolled illegal immigration.

Diasi

What needs to be done is the Supreme Court put in a locked cage that only gets unlocked when the Government decide to unlock it.

I didn't vote for these fancy dress wig wearing self-important judges to dictate what can & can't be done.

Jacqueline

Quote from: JBR on September 06, 2022, 09:26:12 AMNow that we've got rid of that buffoon Boris, let's see what Liz Truss does about this.

On the other hand, most of what the politicians in general promise doesn't seem to mention the real problem we face now: uncontrolled illegal immigration.
With one million new NI numbers handed out last year, its uncontrolled legal immigration that needs tackeling too, we don't need anymore foriegn barbers or chinese nailbar workers. Only essential immigrants like doctors and nurses should be allowed in.