This is Marble Arch not Baghdad

Started by Alex, August 09, 2022, 04:27:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Yes I'm off again but why is this allowed to happen in the centre of London ? Last time it was Trafalgar Square, before that London Bridge, now Marble Arch.  Are they sending a message to the Islamic World ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557018752453156866

klondike

I think it's the other way around. 
You will soon be looking at being deported from the GB Islamic State if you aren't careful.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Ashy

I had never heard of this occasion, called Ashura, which is only known to shia moslems, so it will offend the majority of moslems in that area who are predominantly African and Arabs, as well as ordinary decent people .

klondike

Bloody hell it gets complicated. Is this the Muslim equivalent of Baptists and Methodists? I bet the only thing all of them (god botherers of whatever branding) agree on is hating the likes of me.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Alex

They are using these famous sites instead of the mosques to show the Islamic world that the UK is very accommodating, so come on over !

Ashy

There is no direct comparison in Christianity as far as I know' in the Christian world the argument is over who the peasants pay their taxes to. The closest comparison I can think of is the standoff between the Bolshieviks (Stalin) and the Menshieviks (Trotsky) in the communist world. Most moslems are of the sunni persuasion. When the founder died, there was an argument over his successor which led to the cloven faith which is still followed today.

Jacqueline

For goodness sake what has happened to my country, I think before long we will be getting in a dinghy and claiming asylum as we will be booted out.

A couple of weeks ago,  Mark Drakeford said there was no place in Wales for Billy Graham's son who was here preaching Christianity, bet you though he'd fine a place for that lot with all their wailing and carrying on.

Anyone agree they looked more scary and sinister than religious.  And what were those flags they were flying, the Church of England or other Christian religions I know of  don't fly flags, I may be wrong but they looked like those Jahadist flags with writing on to me.

Alex

They do look sinister, so do the jihadi type headbands !

Flying Bomb

There's nothing you can do about it. They don't seem to be breaking any law.
Just get out of London, which is doomed to be an island of non Brits......
as are many other cities, then towns, then market towns, then villages,
 then get yer 'ead chopped orf !

Alex

I couldn't resist posting this ! Birmingham this morning. 
606 arrived on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1560235060682424323

Jacqueline

Oh Alex, I want to cry.  I'd Tazar the bugger, should have shot him he is a danger to all of us, what happens next?  maybe he will stab somebody.

klondike

Pity they avoided the paperwork....

Alex

You know how they say these people have mental health issues? well maybe they don't, maybe that's just the way they are tribal and violent ?

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on August 18, 2022, 07:06:20 PMYou know how they say these people have mental health issues? well maybe they don't, maybe that's just the way they are tribal and violent ?
Well you have to have mental health issues to belong to that religion or any other one come to that, talking to a man in the sky?

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on August 18, 2022, 07:49:18 PMWell you have to have mental health issues to belong to that religion or any other one come to that, talking to a man in the sky?
Funny how the police shot & killed Harry Stanley, the guy who was carrying an antique table leg that he'd collected from the repairer.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)