Maybe the Tories aren't sunk...

Started by klondike, July 26, 2022, 08:49:26 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Many commentators say the are. IMO they deserve to be. But dragging defeat from the jaws of victory we have the dear old Labour left wing pronouncing on illegal migration

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/07/25/leftists-declare-they-will-kill-rwanda-migrant-plan-as-removals-delayed-by-race-for-pm/

Leftists Declare they will Kill Rwanda Migrant Plan as Removals Delayed by Race for PM
No illegal migrants are to be sent to Rwanda under a leftist Labour government, a senior member of the party has declared, saying that a government under the party's control would see the removal scheme killed off.
According to a report by The Times, the UK's Leftist Labour party — which is now chomping at the bit to attain power thanks to a collapse in Tory party support — has put out an alternative plan to deal with illegal immigration, which involves fewer crackdowns on migrants coming into the country and even more legal immigrants than under the current administration, but more pressure on smuggling gangs.

Now I don't think that the Rwanda scheme stands much chance of working while we continue to allow the ECHR to block flights but I can't see how cracking down on foreign people smuggling gangs when all we have ever caught are a few low end couriers has any chance at all. Plus of course the French will be only too happy to let them export the unwanted illegal migrants away from France by any means. All this talk of wanting to stop the trafficing because it is dangerous for the migrants is (imo at least) absolute rubbish. The French want shot of them and the only reason our politicians are interested at all is because it may effect their electoral chances.

Diasi

Under the stupid Labour plans there won't be a need to crack down on smuggling gangs as there won't be any smuggling gangs when there's no such thing as illegal entry to the UK.

But it's a great plan for me & the rest of the Tory Party members & voters.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Labour were unelectable before they came out with this rubbish.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

The problem comes back to some of the constituencies where the conservative party was elected by borrowed votes. Let those voters down and they won't lend them again. That's the risk they are taking.

klondike

I think they are pretty much all unelectable but one of the sets of useless idiots will get elected for sure. I am no longer overly convinced which set actually matters.

Raven

Sooooooo, What's going to happen to Boris now? Backbench or wave bye bye? Can't see him in the background somehow.

Cassandra

He'll make squillions getting $150k for a 45 minute speech on the US Dinner circuit, writing columns here and there. A new book every two years etc. His 'on-costs' are high, but if he goes this route and retains his seat in the house he could make a come back. Sunak will lose to a Labour/SNP/Liberal/Green hash up next time and go back to his wife's trough supporting the Globalists.

As lying is fast becoming the 'Way to Go' in the World, he should be back in time for say 2029 just before nett-zero to continue where he left off!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

klondike