Did you learn anything today ?

Started by Alex, July 03, 2022, 06:44:50 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

morty

I've learnt just recently that people never ever change their spots. 

Michael Rolls

Veronica once put my jeans in the washing machine without telling me, and didn't notice the mobile in the pocket. Thankfully, after a few days it dried out and was then none the worse.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

My phone isn't entire unscathed and may need to be replaced  :sad:

The rear camera has gone misty and the speaker isn't working. Oddly it still rings but quietly so I'm guessing that is a separate unit. It may dry out so I'll give that a chance before flashing the plastic. Meanwhile if I want to talk on it I'll have to use my bluetooth headset.

Alex

Stick it in a jar and cover it with rice Klondy, the rice draws out any moisture.  Uncooked rice of course  :clap:  :clap:

GrannyMac

The only. Trick then is to remember where you put it!  :busted:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

The big trick would be to find some rice. I'll just leave it to see what happens. Good news is it can easily be used as a phone because the speakerphone option works.

My granddaughter who is an expert at busting phones has some contact details for somebody who fixes them cheaper than high street phone shops. If it doesn't fix itself I'll get a price off him before splashing out on a new one.

klondike

Today I learned that leaving a damp phone on a radiator overnight  so it catches the morning blast before I get up does seem to dry stuff out. The camera is defogged and the normal phone speaker seems to be normal again.

There is/hopefully was a confusing and annoying notification about an incompatible analogue audio accessory that kept pinging which google suggested was muck in the USB charging port and to try blowing it out with an air duster. That's when I discovered that the can I bought in a pound shop years back maybe wasn't a waste of money after all as it seems to have shut up. Mind you it did that before then restarted.

===  :sad: :sad: :sad: ===
Pinged again....

Alex

"  leaving a damp phone on a radiator overnight   "

Moneybags ?  :cowboy:

klondike

The radiator is set to come on about 6:30 but I am not. It's usually off again by the time I drag my sorry backside out of my pit.

Ashy

Maybe it would be good to get up a bit earlier, say about 4.30 am you could join a running club.

klondike

Oh I do that every morning the same way Brian does - in my imagination. Well he does it in his imagination not mine obviously but I hope you get the idea.

GrannyMac

He's had that man in his ear again, sadly I responded.   :busted:

klondike

The shame. Oh the shame.  :grin:

Found it. While looking I see you were admonished for talking about a "take over".  :nooo:

GrannyMac

I don't think they realise they make some threads exclusive to them, in jokes etc.  it is good to see new members, but it's become a different place. The old guard is dwindling, although Brian is thriving!  :smiley: