Did you learn anything today ?

Started by Alex, July 03, 2022, 06:44:50 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Alex

I have subtitles on when the telly is on to avoid having my telly dead loud. This may not sound funny now I'm telling you, BUT last night it was !  I was watching Dhamer, when the sound went off on my telly the sub titles were still showing though.  So here I am swearing at the bloody telly, when it dawned on me that the 'victim' Dhamer was after happened to be deaf, so they turned the sound off in the film.  🤓🤓🤓

A blonde moment,...... I'll get me coat

Scrumpy

Blonde Moment..!!
Walking towards me was a young guy who started talking.. I couldn't hear what he was asking me so I said 'Pardon' ?
He was talking to someone on his ear phone thingy..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I dislike subtitles as I find them too distracting. Even the Korean squiggly stuff on early downloads. It seems South Korea get everything streamed well before it appears here so they appear first.

I switch between TV smart features and an Android media box that I use to play downloads. The box is always a bit quieter than the TV and sometimes a lot quieter. I have accidentally rattled the windows a few times. it doesn't matter much as the neighbour that side is stone deaf. We live on a main road and as she lip reads she can chat away no problem at all out front. I just nod and smile when the bus or an artic goes by. I must see if there are any lipreading tutorials on YouTube.

Ashy

I think it must be old age creeping on. My source tells me ear moulds are becoming a thing of the past as the hearing aid industry has got a better way. Behind-the-ear aids now coming without hooks.

klondike

Yep. All old codger stuff. I can't understand why.

Ashy

Me neither. According to Lord Winston, the body starts making mistakes.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Ashy on September 27, 2022, 12:51:11 PMI think it must be old age creeping on. My source tells me ear moulds are becoming a thing of the past as the hearing aid industry has got a better way. Behind-the-ear aids now coming without hooks.
Depends how much you want to pay. My digitals are free. My hearing issues are much like klondikes.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I learned that just because your phone says it won't rain you don't necessarily stay dry.

Scrumpy

Alexa is a bit of a fibber too.

September 27, 2022, 02:55:57 PM
As a matter of fact she can be a bare faced liar.. Tells me it is not going to rain when it already is..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 27, 2022, 02:54:43 PMAlexa is a bit of a fibber too.

September 27, 2022, 02:55:57 PM
As a matter of fact she can be a bare faced liar.. Tells me it is not going to rain when it already is..

Got to pull you up there Scrumps, my memory is soooooooo bad I can't remember what I've said to people  :cool:

Raven

I learned that my idea of hot is very different from the Leisure Centre's idea of hot.  :yell:  :cry:

Scrumpy

My gilet fits if I don't zip it up..

klondike

:upvote:

Sadly though that may have an impact on performance of function.  :worried: