Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Anything north of Stoke on Trent is ' up north' the rest is darn sarf.  :clap:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 15, 2022, 09:16:52 PMAnything north of Stoke on Trent is ' up north' the rest is darn sarf.  :clap:
Oh no.  Stoke on Trent is definitely darn sarf.

Yorkshire, Lancashire, County Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland and Westmorland are oop north. Everything else is darn sarf.

Alex

Nah, you've got to have a bit in the middle :busted:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 15, 2022, 09:28:07 PMNah, you've got to have a bit in the middle :busted:
Well, I suppose that's possible.

Which 'darn sarf' counties would you include in 'the middle'?
I suppose you'd start with Cheshire.

klondike

Anything north of Watford is ooop north. The bit between Sheffield and Watford is the Midlands. MK is well north ot Watford and well south of Sheffield.

A strange place too. You can drive through and see nothing but roads and roundabouts in a big grid. The houses and industry are all hidden away in the bits between.

I spent a few weeks in Central MK on a contract working to update code to avoid millennium bug issues which was very nice as it was a lot nearer home than any others that I took. I was one of the many that made sure the millennium bug was a damp squib. If we hadn't done the preventitive work most systems would have screwed up big time.

JBR

Well, to me anything that isn't oop north is darn sarf, so I suppose darn sarf must include that 'midlands' thing.

Alex

Quote from: JBR on September 15, 2022, 10:09:58 PMWell, I suppose that's possible.

Which 'darn sarf' counties would you include in 'the middle'?
I suppose you'd start with Cheshire.

Cheshire's too far north to be in the ' middle'  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

GrannyMac

I remembered today its nice to be back in Scotland! The empty countryside and sparkling rivers seen from the train seemed so clean. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

From what I recall of the weather forecasts when I had a TV licence it gets a very regular washing up there  :grin:

Scrumpy

Anything over the top of Reigate Hill is up North..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 15, 2022, 11:24:06 PMCheshire's too far north to be in the ' middle'  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:
OK, I'll stretch a point.

Cheshire is, in fact, within the CofE Province of York, so you can come in.

The rest of the country comes within the Province of Canterbury, so it must be darn sarf.

September 16, 2022, 11:05:21 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on September 16, 2022, 09:01:47 AMAnything over the top of Reigate Hill is up North..
You're mad.  Reigate is part of Khant's empire, isn't it?
Why do so many Southerners seem to want to be part of 'oop north'?

Alex

Today, or rather last night I re-learned that it's a big mistake to eat crisps in bed  :boo:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]