Death Sentence.

Started by Raven, June 10, 2022, 04:43:40 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Looks like a mod I added is causing it to appear twice. I'll have a twiddle with settings to try to fix that.

June 11, 2022, 09:31:39 AM
Fixed. I let the mod display them rather than the forum. If that causes problems later I'll switch them round.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

Most odd - I tried to add a picture about three hours ago and the add attachment button wasn't there - but now it is
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

You probably used Quick Edit, which now I come to think of it, is what Raven probably did too. Quick edit doesn't offer anything other than simple text modifications. You need to hover over More and then click Modify to add attachments or smilies come to that. Alternately if it is just a mod immediately after posting something another mod I applied will combine a new post with the older one.

June 11, 2022, 10:25:11 AM
That will look like this.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Scrumpy

If these men were not sent by our military to fight our enemy then it is not the responsibilty of our government  to bring them home.
Russia must have rubbed their hands in glee when hearing that there were men like this helping Ukraine ... They, after capture , and capture was certain,  could be used as bargaining power..

If ,as others have said, they are Ukrainians with Ukrainians wives then what business is it of ours.. !!
These people think they are heroes but in fact they are fools and cause governments many problems..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

From what I read they were in the Ukranian army well before the invasion. It's their job. 

Scrumpy

If they are Ukrainian solders they are indeed heroes.. 

klondike

I have not researched this but from bits I have read that are not backed up in any way these are a couple of blokes that went to Ukraine some time ago, at least one and maybe both married Ukrainians and both serve in the Ukrainian army. They are not adventure seekers who went out there for a fight. 

There is no crime. They were defending part of Ukraine from the Russian invasion and were captured. That's it.

Jacqueline

The poor men will be used as chips to be bargained with, maybe swop for someone like the young Russian soldier convicted for the war crime of shooting a civilian.

Scrumpy

Surely it doesn't matter who they are 'swapped' for.. 
Let the Russians have their killer back if it saves the lives of these Ukrainians..

Raven

Well it's going ahead. :cry:  :downvote:  :worried:

BBC News - Aiden Aslin: Ukraine Briton told execution will go ahead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61900291

Cassandra

The longer the huffing and puffing via the Kremlin goes on and the 'blow your house down' threats are used, so the human exchange rate of Russians for Ukranians changes dynamic. Only one side is threatening death, they need this Mafiosa styling to count.

Dragging out the drama in this way assures more Russians will get released per Ukranian reprieved.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...