Policing in UK

Started by Alex, May 19, 2022, 11:35:22 AM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on September 02, 2022, 12:06:02 PMWhen my sisters and I were kids and up to mischief, you could guarantee a beat bobbie would see us. Follows a lecture and sometimes a march home for a smacking.
And in most cases it did the trick. We didn't go around with knives and guns (even in London) did we?  Not being able to touch the little darlings has certainly not done them any favours.

klondike

I have been watching The Sweeney again as it's on Prime. Entertaining but I seriously doubt that policing was ever like that and I don't think I'd want it like that now.

What I would like to see is a professional police force that concentrates on real crimes that affect ordinary people along with any really serious crime of course. Not policing bullshit complaints about Twitter posts etc. and certainly not painting their cars and hats stupid bloody rainbow colours or making idiots of themselves dancing.

Actually shifting arses who glue themselves to the road and charging them with something would be good too.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 02, 2022, 12:06:02 PMWhen my sisters and I were kids and up to mischief, you could guarantee a beat bobbie would see us. Follows a lecture and sometimes a march home for a smacking.
Ah, the good old days when we lived in a civilised country.
Look at it now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

brother of a works colleague (this is 50+ years ago) was a bobby. His first patrols were with an experienced fellow officer. Two tales I remember Mick's (my colleague) brother and the experienced man walked past a cul-de-sac and saw a fight going on between half a dozen blokes. Mick's brother was all for charging in, but his mentor said 'No, lad, we'll walk around the block a little, then we'll sort it out' By the time they returned the fight was just about over and they arrested all the weary, battered, tired out participants without any problem or injuries to themselves. The other occasion - the same two officers found a would be burglar trying to break into a shop.  Rather than arrest and have to cope with the paper work, the mentor picked the scrote up by the scruff of his neck and threw him over a five foot wall - then he threw his 250 cc motor bike after him.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 02, 2022, 10:02:15 PMbrother of a works colleague (this is 50+ years ago) was a bobby. His first patrols were with an experienced fellow officer. Two tales I remember Mick's (my colleague) brother and the experienced man walked past a cul-de-sac and saw a fight going on between half a dozen blokes. Mick's brother was all for charging in, but his mentor said 'No, lad, we'll walk around the block a little, then we'll sort it out' By the time they returned the fight was just about over and they arrested all the weary, battered, tired out participants without any problem or injuries to themselves. The other occasion - the same two officers found a would be burglar trying to break into a shop.  Rather than arrest and have to cope with the paper work, the mentor picked the scrote up by the scruff of his neck and threw him over a five foot wall - then he threw his 250 cc motor bike after him.
Mike
There's no doubt about it; such tactics worked.
Unfortunately, there are now an army of defence lawyers and pressure groups who would be sticking up for the criminals.  Those same people are no doubt now complaining about the police failing to do their duty!

Sheila

Did anyone else hear on the news about a man who tried to report to the police that his car had been stolen but the police weren't interested.  However the thief did some fly tipping, including stuff from the car which identified the man.  The police came round to the poor man's house to accuse him of fly tipping!

klondike

Britain's finest in action.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

JBR

Quote from: Sheila on September 03, 2022, 07:36:39 AMDid anyone else hear on the news about a man who tried to report to the police that his car had been stolen but the police weren't interested.  However the thief did some fly tipping, including stuff from the car which identified the man.  The police came round to the poor man's house to accuse him of fly tipping!
Don't the police all have university degrees these days?  They don't seem very effective then.

klondike

I think they are required to get a degree in gender studies then swat up on their diversity training for a couple of years after that. 

There is a bit of concern that the only copper that arrested anybody last year is retiring next week so they are hiring councillors to reassure the ranks that they won't be put at risk from the nasty folk out on the streets by being sent out on the beat.