What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Jacqueline on August 15, 2022, 10:45:33 PMI love Shetland, the best thing on TV at the moment.

Another Shetland fan here!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: Raven on August 15, 2022, 07:05:56 PMWednesdays BBC1 9pm.
Thanks but with no TV livence I can't watch it live or record it so I'll just get it from Zoony's Video Emporium and start watching once I have it all.

Alex

I've been watching The Following on Prime, it's about a serial killer and stars Kevin Bacon.  It's not new, so perhaps some will have seen it.
Have you noticed on many US TV series and films, the 'bad guy' is often a Brit ?  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Another for the list.
I've been living in the past. Sweeney and Morse. Sweeney is on Prime. Plus a variety of documentaries.

klondike

I see that The Following is pay per episode on Prime. Fortunately I found it cheaper at Zoony's Video Emporium. Was going to make a start on it yesterday but didn't get around to any TV last night. 

When I downloaded it I remembered I was downloading Shetland too and that is coming to and end too so I may grab and watch that first.

Raven

klondike

Yes I have the last one on disk now. I read a page that hadn't been updated saying it ended tonight but I remembered you saying it was on on Wednesdays and when I checked it was already in stock at Zoony's.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on September 15, 2022, 11:12:46 AMI see that The Following is pay per episode on Prime. Fortunately I found it cheaper at Zoony's Video Emporium. Was going to make a start on it yesterday but didn't get around to any TV last night.

When I downloaded it I remembered I was downloading Shetland too and that is coming to and end too so I may grab and watch that first.

Why is that ? mine is included

klondike

Don't know. Maybe it is just the HD version. I just saw this and got it from Zoony's instead

Ah I think it was because I found it using the mic - it is on Roku too and it showed me that rather than  the free Prime offering even though I was in Prime when I asked for it. It doesn't matter as Zoony's stocks everything in HD anyway.

Alex

I pay a subscription to Prime, maybe that's how it's free

klondike

I pay too. Maybe it just works through the Amazon app. I think my laziness in using the mic to find it on my TV took me out of Prime into the Roku app. The smart features are driven by Roku on that TV. 

klondike

Will have to give Crossfire a try. Have been a fan of Keeley Hawes for years.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/bbcs-crossfire-viewers-traumatised-forced-7610337?int_source=nba

BBC's Crossfire viewers 'traumatised' and forced to 'switch off' just minutes into new thriller
The thriller, created by a Leicestershire writer, proved too 'intense' for some

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on September 15, 2022, 11:41:19 AMShetland finished last night.
I love Shetland, but bit of a damp squib ending I thought.