Started by Alex, April 23, 2022, 07:37:52 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

can't say that I am surprised
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

The airfield, with 1500 sexually active men, is right next to the village !
Now, any village in UK with an abandoned RAF airfield
nearby will have its house prices drop, methinks. 

GrannyMac

Have we any empty prisons? Probably not.  I don't think Linton is a good solution, too remote from services for starters. I think the government is at a complete loss with where to house people entering the UK illegally then claiming asylum.

I can't imagine a change in government will bring any easy or quick solution to where to house them.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Saw on Breakfast News where they are putting the ones headed to Rwanda, big airy hotel, nice big rooms and a private pool. What are they complaining about?

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 20, 2022, 07:58:14 AM
I think the government is at a complete loss with where to house people entering the UK illegally then claiming asylum.
They had no problem housing thousands of American servicemen in the 1940s. Nor thousands of German POWs. Similar accomodation should be provided rather than hotel rooms.

Alternately thousands of perfectly serviceable static caravans are ejected from caravan sites every year for no better reason than the site owners want to make commissions on new sales and the law doesn't prevent it. Those vans are mostly scrapped or sold off for next to nothing. They could be towed to unused MOD land away from areas of population and sited there for the dinghy boys.

Alternately pass the problem on to countries that want them

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

well, she may want them.............................
[email protected]

klondike

It seems you are in rare agreement with Raven.
Quote from: Raven on May 20, 2022, 08:06:10 AM
Those who are wanting more immigration should have to take them into their own homes first, see how fast they change their minds then.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Jacqueline

Somebody explain to me, why does Jimmy Crankey want to fill Scotland with foreign asylum seekers then want Scottish independence? she won't have enough Scot's to care one way or another.

Raven

Gawd only knows what's going on the heads of the SNP these days. :waiting: Even me, a dyed in the wool Nationalist is shaking her head a lot.  [1100]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on May 20, 2022, 09:09:10 AM
They had no problem housing thousands of American servicemen in the 1940s. Nor thousands of German POWs. Similar accomodation should be provided rather than hotel rooms.

Alternately thousands of perfectly serviceable static caravans are ejected from caravan sites every year for no better reason than the site owners want to make commissions on new sales and the law doesn't prevent it. Those vans are mostly scrapped or sold off for next to nothing. They could be towed to unused MOD land away from areas of population and sited there for the dinghy boys.

Alternately pass the problem on to countries that want them

The military bases? I used to go to dances in the 60s when I lived in Scotland, at Edzell near Perth. Lots of Americans there.  I imagine there were some on sites like Linton too

They weren't universally accepted, even though they spoke the language and were mainly white.  But perhaps there would be less resistance to using bases or redundant caravans in Scotland given the stance of the SNP.

I don't believe most Scots want them either, but the SNP will oppose the UK government regardless.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Jacqueline

In WW11 the young Americans on these Military bases were our allies helping us to defeat the German's and prevent an invasion of our shores.

Now our crazy government want to house the actual invaders in these places  :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Raven

You are correct Mac, not a single person that I know wants them here.

Flying Bomb

During WW2 there were about 300 RAF stations.
Don't know how many have been built on or how many
are usable for immigrants. Tents are cheaper than hotels.
5 million a day spent. There's a 4 star hotel about a mile
from here where immigrants are being housed. 
Many in this village couldn't afford to stay there!

klondike

There a lots of pictures of people all over the country including Scotland with banners declaring migrants are welcome. I suspect a lot of those people mean welcome but not next door to me.

I have every sympathy for destitute people fleeing war or persecution but the appearance of those, virtually all being young men, arriving plus we know all managed to find the reported couple of thousand plus demanded by the people smugglers suggests to me that they are simply economic migrants.