then as now.

Started by alfred, March 24, 2022, 08:44:33 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

When i first started work as a fifteen year old my weekly wage was £2.25  week. as then the foreman would walk around the  factory floor just before lunch time and walk with a tray of wage packets as he called you over gave you your wage packet.

for those of you who remember those days when a pay slip was inside a long slip of paper about a quarter of an inch wide which held your tax details what you  had paid to date and so on,

of course then money inside was a mix of coins and notes and the slip pf paper said how much you had in the wage packet. if not then the manager go it sorted very quickly ,

today as we all know money is paid basically by direct debit , and the system  works well , no more funning back and forth as in the past to various shops to pay bills.

i suppose life today compared to the past is that much better, and were spoilt with home deliveries too, life today  :idgi: :idgi: :idgi: to our parents time is a completely different much like this advert which suddenly popped up any one have an idea who or what is causing this , or is it an earlier picture of Boris when he was a lad.

crabbyob

Did you get Mikes permission to use hia Emoj.....  :smiley:
yes my first official wage was £2-17-6.... it was all written on the paypacket

klondike

My wife used to make up pay packets. She said they'd go ballistic if they were 1d light.   :grin: