hearing aids,

Started by alfred, May 29, 2022, 09:05:31 AM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Good for you klondike, when you have paid for the NHS all your working life why should you have to get a hearing aid privately? 

Waiting lists are long here in Wales.  I went stone deaf about 10 years ago, (it turned out I had an autoimune disease all my tubes clogged up, high doses for Steroid sorted me out), I still waited four months to see the ENT consultant.  

klondike

Perhaps I should take a trip down to Dover and paddle ashore. Might get some then.

GrannyMac

You'll need to get a GP referral klondike. A phone appointment will probably do.  I have NHS digital aids, moderate hearing loss in both ears, recently had a retest, and have an appointment with audiology in a couple of weeks for new moulds. 

Once we got the balance right, I've found them to be pretty effective and of course, free, as are the batteries!

I hope you can get a test soon.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Countryman

Why not have the free test I suggested? You might not need aids. If you do, then go to your GP for a referral.

klondike

I've tried 3 online tests and I know from my problem with many film soundtracks that my hearing needs testing at the very least. I've requested a referral through my GP. I have no intention of buying hearing aids and that is what all the "free" tests will steer people to. These companies are not charities after all.

GrannyMac

Hope it comes through soon k.  Let us know how you get on.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Rather than sit on the phone for an age I used their online "questionnaire" which is used for same day phone consultations. It has been out of action for a week supposedly due to staff shortages.

As there used to be at least half a dozen and probably more GPs I assume it means the one that couldn't make golf recovered but now there is a locum.