Lottery Win

Started by Alex, July 30, 2022, 11:04:22 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Scrumpy said she'd replace my old banger if she wins the lottery and if I win, I'd replace hers.  I also remember a while back(maybe it was on the mother ship) saying I'd invite everyone to a knees up if I won, so this is just to let you all know that I haven't won yet !  :evil:

Scrumpy

Knees up..!!!  I haven't had my knees up for ages..  :grin:

It will be a cheap round Alex... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I bought rwo tickets for the first draw. One set was random; the other birthday numbers. I got the same two sets for the next draw. Then I lost my list of random numbers. I continued the the birthday numbers only as I remembered them. For at least 10 years. When the Wednesday draw started I naturally had to get those numbers for both draws. This continued.I must have bought over £1,000 worth of tickets. I had a few £10 wins, one 4 number win that paid £40 and another that paid £70. I resisted Thunderball. It was all fairly obviously a mug's game.

They put the price up to £2 and I called it a day. No more lottery tickets. I never bought any scratch cards. Misery guts or sensible? I'll never win millions, never win even one million or even £1,000.

I think the oddest thing was very early on I once supplemented my birthday numbers with a random selection made by running a pencil down an entry form marking numbers. That week just about every one of those numbers was one higher or one lower than the winning numbers and there were over 100 got the jackpot which obviously while nice to have was way short of the usual few million. I think most of those winners must have done the same as I did to pick but with slightly different hand movements. I checked google and that week...

133 Jackpot Winners

Back on Saturday 14th January 1995, a staggering 133 players shared a Lotto jackpot of £16.2 million after matching the numbers 7, 17, 23, 32, 38 and 42. Why did so many ticket holders pick the same, apparently-random numbers? It was discovered that they were all printed in the central columns of the playslip, and so each winner had to be content with receiving a £122,510 payout.

https://www.national-lottery.com/news/what-are-the-most-unusual-lotto-results-ever

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on July 30, 2022, 08:01:34 PM133 Jackpot Winners

Back on Saturday 14th January 1995, a staggering 133 players shared a Lotto jackpot of £16.2 million after matching the numbers 7, 17, 23, 32, 38 and 42. Why did so many ticket holders pick the same, apparently-random numbers? It was discovered that they were all printed in the central columns of the playslip, and so each winner had to be content with receiving a £122,510 payout.

https://www.national-lottery.com/news/what-are-the-most-unusual-lotto-results-ever
That is so interesting klondike...

Don't be a misery guts.. One never knows...  :nooo:
Think Del-boy..   'This time next year..'   :clap: :yahoo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..